Roblox's imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today: distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
At Roblox, the Developer Tools team focuses on the millions of game developers on our platform. Its mission is to power rapid development by providing developers with world-class tools & access to high quality content. In this position you will be part of creating a community marketplace for developers to discover, sell, and buy high quality assets.
As a Backend Engineer in the Developer Tools team you will leverage and build on Roblox's game services to create innovative marketplace tools and experiences for our developers.
We are looking for engineers passionate about building world-class user experiences which are both usable and performant. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
You will create and own mission-critical services in this cross-discipline team within the Roblox ecosystem. This includes services regarding core game development, marketplace asset discoverability, implementation of dynamic discovery capabilities, natural language search support, asset creation, and automated curation. The marketplace is a key feature to enable more creators to be successful on the Roblox platform.
- An outstanding software engineer with 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- Experienced, with 5+ years in a backend engineering (or similar) role
- An expert in building scalable and high-quality software
- Experienced with natural language processing
- Experienced with big data processing
- Proficient in C#, C++, Java or another programming language
- Knowledgeable with SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to design, build, test, and deploy services within the Roblox ecosystem.
- Design systems and services that are highly scalable and resilient.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to ensure that the product embodies the shared vision
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world's best user-generated gaming platform
- Write and maintain automated tests
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life cycles
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- A flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- An on-site fitness center and fitness credit program
- An annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.