As an ILS Analyst/Engineer, your main missions will be:
- - Develop and manage Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) activities.
- - Provide answers to customer's technical requests (integrated logistics support activities and technical solutions based on accepted practices) and follow up on products performance dashboards.
- - Work closely with aircraft manufacturers and operators on product technical evolution and improvements.
- - Monitor product development and field issues to continually improve ILS and maintainability tasks.
- - Manage technical maintenance manual creation and revisions.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- - Plan and manage the entire lifecycle and scope of the ILS portfolio, ranging from strategic planning initiatives to tactical activities
- - Ensure compliance of all contractual requirements
- - Support technical and commercial proposals of new or derivate products
- - Support customer support activities on the implementation of new system installations and their modifications
- - Act as focal point for technical maintenance manual creation and revisions
- - Provide detailed analysis of maintainability and spares provisioning requirements
- - Conduct quantitative cost-benefit analysis and risk analysis to determine feasibility of existing and new logistic processes
- - Plan and executive project activities related to ILS and maintainability tasks throughout a product's lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success
- - Establish and monitor critical Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report KPIs to management
- - Ensure projects run smoothly and create contingency plans to mitigate risk factors and manage project dependencies and critical paths
- - Conduct project close out analysis in order to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations based on findings
- - Act as the primary focal point of contact on ILS activities with internal and external customers
- - Actively work with Service Engineer to collect product reliability data from the field, analyze reliability trend and shop finding reports for technical issues
- - Other duties as required
- - Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical concentration preferred, or demonstrated competency in Integrated Logistic Support or related field in Customer Support
- - Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in ILS, Customer Support or technical support in the aerospace industry. Excel in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- - Experience with gas turbine engines preferred
- - Proven record of working effectively with internal and external customers and across functions
- - Knowledge of ILS, reliability and statistical principles and theories
- - Knowledge on structure of and usage of technical documents. Able to suggest improvements and modifications based on product improvements
- - Good organizational and presentation skills
- - Knowledge of basic concepts of contracts management and procurement
- - Knowledge of basic principles of internal and external logistics flows and operation of transport
- - Knowledge of basic principles of process improvements
- - Knowledge of economics, performance characteristics and specifications of products for which APU engines are designed
- - Knowledge on how to make the link between the product's economics, technology, commercialization and performance
- - Able to make decisions that can be justified by target criteria, requiring a selection of relevant information, development of hypotheses, anticipation and assessment of risks
Safran is an international high-technology group, a leading manufacturer in the fields of Aerospace (propulsion and equipment), Defense and Security. Operating worldwide, the Group has more than 70,000 employees and logged sales of 17.4 billion euros in 2015. Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.