Under supervision of the Director and the Deputy Director of IPDM—the contract CAD/CAFM specialist provides primary support for documentation of space management for projects. Project duties - update state owned office buildings, but not limited to, floor plans in AutoCAD, update space use allocations in Tririga/CAMIS software system. This position provides project support - planning and programming of existing and proposed facilities.
On a project basis the contract planner:
1. Reviews, corrects, and creates AutoCAD floor plans that are the basis of square footage amounts contained in the DCAMM database.
2. Retrieves, corrects, modifies, archives, and creates electronic drawings and/or formats new construction drawings to document departmental and floor plan changes.
3. Assist with the migration of floor plans into an integrated work management system (Tririga) that links all space data automatically with floor areas.
4. Performs field measurements to capture and verify physical space modifications.
5. Assists with documentation of existing conditions of building occupancies including space and equipment inventories and compiling questionnaires.
6. Compiles, sorts, and evaluates data on department space use and programming-staffing, equipment, and space utilization. Performs analysis of utilization rates and under/over-utilized space resources.
7. Creates graphics, charts and reports, maps, floor plans, and other illustrative materials of occupancy and space use and space use projections. Materials produced could include site maps, building locations, and 3-D characteristics.
8. Creates report formals for standard data comparisons, and produces and updates reports.
9. Creates desktop publishing, multimedia information development including PowerPoint presentations and AutoCAD drawings.
10. Performs other tasks as assigned.
· Highly organized individual with attention to details and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Working knowledge of IBM-Tririga software.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint.
· Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Ability to utilize creativity and resourcefulness to obtain information not readily available.
· Ability to work well and communicate with peers, vendors, clients and upper management.
· Ability to learn new computer applications as required
· Knowledge of system/office furniture industry
· Familiarity and/or background in field of planning, design, construction, facility management and move coordination.
· Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architectural, Facility Management or equivalent of three years or more experience in the related field.
· Willing to travel to job sites within the state to collect space data.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.