Operate all types of WESCO trucks and specialty equipment to prepare and deliver explosive products to customers in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
- Shifts are 12 hours with 4 days on and 4 days off
- Drive and operate bulk/blend truck in order to prepare and deliver quality ANFO products to customer sites
- Operate and perform maintenance on straight, ANFO, and dewatering trucks
- Calibrate equipment, calculate fuel percentages and check emulsion density
- Load and unload all trucks, and maintain magazines, sites and inventories
- Follow all safety procedures while driving and operating equipment and while on blast sites in order to protect personal safety and safety of others
- Knowledgeable of, and comply with applicable DOT, OSHA, MSHA, EPA and BATFE.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Maintain safe working conditions and assure that all crew members and others on the site follow all safety and regulatory procedures and practices to ensure a safe and successful event
- Not required but a plus to have CDL for commercial drivers with HAZMAT and Air Brakes endorsements.
- Working conditions are primarily outdoors in all weather conditions of temperature and climate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment where required, and may require lifting of 60 lbs
WESCO provides a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, and 401k plan with company match. Along with paid vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 /hour
- Heavy Equipment Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)