Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
COVID Recovery Program - Patient Navigator
The COVID-19 Recovery Clinic (CRC)-Patient Navigator assists post-COVID patients and their families in maintaining the continuum of care by utilizing internal and community-based resources. Collaborates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team to provide uninterrupted and integrated medical, financial, psychosocial, and vocational care of the patient in accordance with the patient's wishes, through a process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
This job is a team leader in the departmental work team. The job guides other team members to develop departmental work processes so that team members can work cohesively together.
1. Working with the CRC central intake group, the CRC Navigator develops, implements, and evaluates the plan of care and support through an interdisciplinary process in conjunction with the patient and family, linking the patient to appropriate institutional or community resources.
2. Procures services; serves as an advocate for patients and families with scarce resources. Facilitates referrals to state and local financial assistance agencies or programs.
3. Functions as a liaison between the hospital, physicians, patient, and community resources to achieve maximum communication between all parties so that care is coordinated, and all needs of the patient are met.
4. Identifies quality issues related to COVID-19 diagnosis, treatment and follow-up, risk management issues, and reimbursement issues with prompt referral to appropriate committee/personnel for action or resolution.
5. Assesses and evaluates care through interaction with patients and survey and implements quality improvement projects as needed.
6. Serves as a representative of the CRC program and lead person for coordination of care for patients.
7. Representing the CRC program provides education through health fairs and presentations to the community.
8. Participates as a member of the CRC Case Review Committee; achieves the organization's established expectations with regard to customer service, teamwork, safety, and self-development.
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum formal education of Associate Degree and minimum of five years job-related experience.
Experience in nursing/case management, RN license. Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to conduct education programs.
Conducts case findings. Screens post-COVID patients to identify support, education, discharge planning and referral opportunities.
Comprehensive assessment of patient's physical, functional, psychosocial & insurance/financial status in cooperation with the health care team.
Experience in medical practice
Norwalk-520 West Ave
m - f 8 - 5
NW PC Norwalk West
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.