Data Center Technician
Amazon is seeking adventurous IT and maintenance professionals for our Amazon Web Services Team. These future Amazonians must hold a government clearance and be willing to go to one of three locations to complete specialized training to prepare for deployment in a data center region. It is expected that training will be completed over a duration of 6-12 months. Once training is completed, individuals will be relocated to the permanent location. Amazon Web Services invites best-in-class IT professionals to join an elite team of data center technicians to build and maintain one of the world's largest information system infrastructures.
Data Center Technicians are Amazon’s front line in operating reliable and secure infrastructure when it comes to handling the entire life cycle of a rack. This includes all tasks associated with planning and tracking capacity, rack deployment, rack cabling, hardware and software troubleshooting, and rack decommissioning.
Our technicians have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate a breadth of knowledge while they:
- Take ownership of technical issues brought by their customer base, engaging other teams when needed to drive resolution
- Show a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Solve problems at their root and step back to understand the broader context
- Maintain service level agreements through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting
- Are biased to act in the absence of direction or support
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and posses and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. *Improve effectiveness through process innovation
- Associate's degree in IT-related field or equivalent professional or military experience
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and work in cramped and/or elevated locations with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to relocate for up to 1 year for specialized training to prepare for a deployment location in region.
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and posses and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field or equivalent professional or military experience, plus two years of progressively responsible experience
Ideal candidates need to be familiar with the following:
- Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications
- Experience with CISCO, Jupiter and other commodity networking devices
- Experience working in a Data Center environment: racking & stacking equipment, cable management
- IT Hardware and concepts
- RAID, SAN, x86 Architecture, SCSI
- Linux Administration
- Command Line Interface
- Boot Process
- File Systems
- Network device and protocol configuration
- Directory Structure
- Performance Management/Troubleshooting
- Base Operating System Install
- Scripting: Perl, Python, Bash
- Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
- OSI Model
- Copper and Fiber Optic Testing and Cabling Standards
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.