Primary Purpose of Position: Assists in creating and implementing a variety of marketing programs that support client acquisition and retention by driving prospect and client engagement, including digital demand generation campaigns, industry and Charles River sponsored events, and related communications projects. Supports essential processes for global marketing campaign planning and execution, inbound and outbound lead generation, lead follow up, campaign tracking, sales enablement, client/prospect outreach, and the capture and reporting of key marketing metrics.
• Support the planning, execution and tracking of global and regional marketing campaigns, including email, social media, webinars, events, etc.
• Support all facets of Charles River’s event marketing activities, including global and regional client conferences, sponsored events such as seminars, and participation in industry trade shows
• Manage and monitor complex demand generation programs and related activities utilizing CRM, marketing automation, and other online platforms
• Track and report the effectiveness and ROI of marketing campaigns and prospecting activities
• Enhance the value, accuracy and usability of marketing, CRM and market segment data, including ongoing data augmentation, segmentation and cleansing
• Develop and curate targeted client and prospect lists to ensure accuracy, completeness and maximum email deliverability
• Identify and utilize online resources to ensure completeness and accuracy of contact information
• Perform other marketing support as needed
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required with a marketing or business field preferred. A strong background in technology also preferred
• A minimum of 2-5 years of progressively responsible experience working in a marketing role, preferably in technology and/or financial services
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel; database marketing or database experience a plus
• Experience using and/or administering Salesforce.com or other CRM system (e.g., Zoho, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, ACT!, Goldmine)
• Experience with email delivery or marketing automation platform (e.g., ExactTarget/MarketingCloud, Act-On, Hubspot, Marketo)
• Accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail in managing large volumes of data
• Flexibility and organizational skills in managing dynamic priorities and multiple simultaneous projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
• Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as answering the phone and operation of a computer.
• Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a photocopier.
• Involves movement between departments to facilitate workflow.
• May be required to occasionally lift 10-15 lbs.