Thank you for considering a career with one of the largest food suppliers in the food service industry! Golden State Foods is a 72 year old $5 billion dollar international business that manufactures and distributes food and supplies to leading fast food and quick food service restaurants. We service approximately 120,000 restaurants in more than 40 countries from its 40+ locations on five continents. In addition to working hard to provide our customers with the highest quality products, we are committed to investing in our people, our company culture and giving back to those in need. We treat others as we want to be treated. We believe in the dignity of all people. We believe in developing our people, in trust, inspirational leadership, teamwork and social responsibility. Joining GSF provides opportunities to be part of world class teams, to make a difference, to be valued, to learn, to grow. This is a launch pad for infinite possibilities and we are honored your considering joining us!
The Senior Systems Administrator – AS400/iSeries is accountable for the operational availability, support and maintenance of the hardware and operating systems for all AS/400-iSeries computers.
(% of time may vary depending on assignments/projects)
AS400/iSeries System Support (35%)
- Support and troubleshoot all AS400/iSeries peripherals and equipment (i.e. printers, tape drives, terminals client access consoles, etc.).
- Provide on and off hour support on system related issues as necessary.
- Respond to AS/400 production outages with urgency while maintaining composure.
- Actively monitor and remediate systems issues before they cause production downtime.
- Work with user departments to resolve specific problems or make changes in programs.
- Provide support to peer IT teams for related projects and day-to-day issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of AS400 systems management and support techniques.
- Adhere to all GSF and IT policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other global IT organizations to develop, implement, and influence standards
AS400/iSeries System Administration (30%)
- Accountable for the overall up-time of the AS400/iSeries servers and environment.
- Establish and maintain formal procedures and policies for AS400/iSeries hardware and systems security, performance monitoring, archive and backup, initial configuration and system changes.
- Provide proactive maintenance to all AS400/iSeries servers.
- Automate standard tasks where applicable.
- Implement and manage the security solution for the AS400/iSeries environment.
- Enforce security standards and protocols for the AS400/iSeries environment.
- Provide System-programming functions for the AS400/iSeries.
- Ensure technology concurrency by upgrading OS version as necessary.
- Apply appropriate patches and PTFs.
- Act as primary backup for computer operation functions.
- Accountable for hardware and software license management, upgrades and warranties in area of specialty.
Technology Project Support (25%)
- Support business initiatives that require multitasking, time management and priority assessment of workloads.
- Evaluate current systems in area of specialty to identify areas for improvement or new direction and provide as input into future systems strategies.
- Evaluate new technologies in area of specialty and provide input into future systems strategies.
- Provide expert advice, training and project management and technical support for various projects in area of specialty.
Resource Management (10%)
- Coordinate the work efforts, scheduling and prioritization for cross-team resources.
- Effectively transition senior level knowledge to other members of the team to help grow the organization as a whole.
- Train and mentor other team members in team standards, processes and methodologies.
- Support the professional development of other team members.
- Effectively delegate tasks to other team members to challenge individuals appropriately.
- Identify relevant training needs for the IT organization.
- Provide leadership to the team in regards to quality and integrity. Inspect and ensure the quality of work delivered by other team members.
- Provide input into the scheduled performance review process.
- Suggest and lead areas for improvement in internal processes.
- Provide input into the decision making process for the team.
- Act as point person on behalf of the team and gain the trust and confidence of other team members.
Additional Responsibilities (Varied)
- Experience handling multiple projects while maintaining near 100% uptime on all production AS/400 systems
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience responding to production outages impacting revenue generating systems.
- Skillfully handle critical production outages while maintaining professional composure.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities may be assigned based on business and organization needs.
- Accountable for properly following all IT standards, processes and methodologies as applicable including but not limited to Quality Assurance (QA), Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) and Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC).
Minimal travel requirements < 10%
None – Individual Contributor role
Two year college required or applicable trade school or commensurate work experience, four year college preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive systems management and support experience
- 4+ years of experience specific to AS400 design, management, and operational support
- Experience supporting JDE ERP or WMS environments on AS400 hardware is a plus
Essential Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Refer to separate handout for Competency definitions (B/basic; P/proficient; E/expert):
- IBM SAN storage and virtualization technologies
- Fiber switching technologies and zoning
- System and message monitor Help System products
- Hardware based replication Metro mirror global mirror
- Virtual I/O server (VIOS) management
- Independent ASP (IASP)
- LUN level switching
- Flash Copy technologies
- VTL based backups
- High Availability
- RDB Database Administration
- Capacity Planning
- System Performance
- Budgetary forecasting
- IBM i DB2 Index analysis
- IBM i query optimization
- IBM i
- Business Continuity
- Storage fabric
- ADFS: Active directory federation services
- Application Integration and Compliance
- Automated Testing Tools
- Enterprise Data Modeling
- EnterpriseOne CNC Concepts
- General Office Applications
- ITIL Incident Management
- Networks, Routers, Switches, Firewalls
- Quality Assurance & Controls
- Risk Management
- Business Systems Analysis
- Project Management Methodology (PMM)
- Release Management
- Requirements Definition
- Service Level Management
- Strategic Sourcing
- Systems Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Technical Writing
- Test Plans
- Contract Management
- Innovative Solution Development
The following universal core competencies apply to every job at Golden State Foods. Performance expectations are based on the specific job and grade level.
Maintains the highest standards. Treats others the way you’d like to be treated. Makes the best product. Gives the customer a fair deal.
Exhibits sense of fairness. Leads by example. Consistently lives the Values and Creed. Builds trust by being willing to say “I made a mistake”. Assures that promises are met on time, every time.
INSPIRATION TO OTHERS
Walks the talk. Is supportive of others. Helps others develop great ideas. Looks for the best in others. Rewards positive performance. Finds ways to succeed, not reasons to fail. Is willing to do jobs “below them”. Addresses failures in the process, not the people. Accepts responsibility for own failures. Creates vision for team.
DRIVES TOWARDS HIGHEST QUALITY RESULTS
Is creative and innovative. Is a prudent risk-taker. Always looks for new methods and better ways to run the business. Meets annual goals and objectives. Has a passion for the business. Is willing to change. Puts forth quality efforts.
Represents self honestly in all situations, even if it exposes mistakes or weakness. Gives the customer a fair deal. Always does the right thing, even when no one is watching. Walks the talk. Meets commitments. Applies rules across all levels – no exceptions.
OPEN & HONEST COMMUNICATION
Is timely in communications in both directions. Listens actively. Speaks directly, (say what you mean – mean what you say). Listens with empathy and without judgment. Gets all the facts before jumping to conclusions.
Avoids acting like a big shot. Shares success with others. Recognizes others achievements timely. Reacts constructively to mistakes. Is willing to do whatever is necessary to get job done. Puts other’s success first. Values team over individual. Acknowledges others with Golden Spirit Awards. Creates win/win situations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement