We are living our Purpose – To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purposeguides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
Job: Store Detective
Department: Loss Prevention
Supervised by: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Loss Prevention Specialist
To deliver a great customer experience while providing a safe environment, and ensure the safety of all Company assets; to protect Company assets within assigned stores through detection of Customer, Vendor, and Associate theft through direct observations and CCTV surveillance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
· Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
· Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
· Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
· Ability to work in varying temperatures.
· Ability to travel to various store locations, if applicable.
· Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
· Ability to work cooperatively with others.
· Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
· Ability to work with computers and programs such as Word, Excel, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Utilize Company Loss Prevention reporting and applications (i.e. Lane Hawk, Smart Store) to identify and minimize potential loss and shrink.
· Detect and apprehend Customers, Associates, and Vendors for theft in a professional manner in accordance with Company policy, by specific directions of the Loss Prevention Specialist, and legal requirements in order to protect assets.
· Represent the Company in criminal actions as result of apprehensions made.
· Participate in special investigations when assigned.
· Bring loss vulnerabilities existing in any assigned store, along with recommendations, to the attention of Store Management and Loss Prevention Specialist.
· Be knowledgeable and understand all departmental procedures within the Company in order to be able to detect policy violations.
· Coordinate own activities and functions to obtain maximum productivity and efficiency.
· Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of Customer actions and behavior; report to Store Management any abnormal behavior.
· Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
· Ensure that all associates are trained effectively in the store’s method of performing department activities and functions.
· Communicate regularly, with staff members on all shifts, company standards, rules, policies and procedures. Most importantly, communicate your standards and expectations.
· Communicate regularly with SM, ASM, and ownership.
· Maintain the security of auxiliary doors and entrances.
· Maintain good communications with Associates and Store Management throughout the Company.
· Notify Store Management of personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operating performance or of situations requiring disciplinary action.
· Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash handling procedures.
· Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
· Be knowledgeable about location of items in store.
· Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to store operations.
· Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work/shopping environment.
· Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations, on a regular and on-going basis.
· Observe store rules and Company policies.
· Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
· Possess sufficient physical mobility and agility to respond quickly to fire, Code Adam and other emergencies.
· Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by the store manager.
· Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
· Be knowledgeable of all Codes for PA system such as Code 100, Code 400, Code Adam, Code Blue etc.
· Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacture’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
· Perform all duties in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
· Assist in training personnel when required.
· Complete all applicable training programs.
· Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
· Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
· Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
· Work overtime as assigned.
· Work cooperatively with others.
· Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 5 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)
- Loss prevention: 5 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place