Lowenstein Sandler Law Firm is expanding, has a collaborative culture that encourages initiative and provides outstanding client service at all times. The Firm is committed to career development and offers programs that address both personal and professional development goals. Employees are given opportunities to provide community service throughout the year and offered an array of benefits such as Medical, Dental, 401K and a Profit Sharing Plan.
We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated drive, dedication, professionalism and a positive attitude. The Part-time Administrative Assistant role provides an excellent opportunity to be an integral part of a dynamic and highly collaborative Human Resources team. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the HR team for approximately 20 hours per week.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Assist with Executive Medical Plan by reconciling claims, responding to inquiries and tracking payments;
- Assist Benefits Specialist with the preparation and distribution of COBRA notices, new hire packets, open enrollment information and other administrative tasks;
- Responsible for the coordination of various leadership meetings (such as the Operating Committee, HR Management and HR Department meetings) including invitations, room and catering logistics , agendas and reminders;
- Handle all administrative components of the WOW Award program (scheduling WOW award meetings, ordering awards, etc.)
- Organize well-being events and services such as the flu shots, CPR training, Weight Watchers, health fair, onsite chiropractor, etc.;
- Coordinate firm donations for employees’ family members and gifts of congratulations and well wishes for employees;
- Maintain the accuracy of the information on the firm’s internal HR Intranet pages;
- Assist with various HR administrative tasks, including preparation of new hire orientation folders;
- Serve as back-up to the HR Specialist.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative role, preferably in human resources (law firm or professional services organization a plus);
- Conscientious, well-organized, detail-oriented, and willing to take initiative;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and strong multi-tasking and follow-through skills; exhibits grace under pressure;
- Must be adept in communicating sensitive information and maintaining complete confidentiality;
- Excellent verbal/written communication and client service skills;
- High degree of professionalism, judgment, tact and diplomacy and ability to interact with senior levels of management and with all attorneys/staff effectively and professionally;
- Demonstrated interest in continued learning and advancement;
- Strong team player but can act independently as required by the role;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
Part-time, Monday – Friday, Approximately 20 hours per week
Amount of Travel Required:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Lowenstein Sandler is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms are to be deemed the sole property of Lowenstein Sandler, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Lowenstein Sandler as a result of the referral.
Lowenstein Sandler is an equal opportunity employer.