Motivated, hardworking, professional, do these traits sound familiar? Looking for a career, not just a job? Do you posses interpersonal skills, and learn quickly? We are looking for professionals with these skills!
Metro Custom Brokers is a customs Brokerage company, located in Rouses Point, seeking a client service representative.
As the official point of contact with clients, coordinate customs clearance of shipments entering the United States through collection of documentation and information and through communication within the company’s departments and with different organizations
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open files for new shipments. (Complete proper forms, enter data in the system);
- Ensure that all documents required to release goods have been received;
- Communicate with different departments to obtain accurate information;
- Review the content of documents to validate compliance;
- Contact clients to obtain and to confirm information related to these documents such as; descriptions of goods, address discrepancies, shipping manifests, commercial invoices etc;
- Send proper documentation to agents at the various ports of entry for submission to customs;
- Coordinate processing of shipments;
- Communicate with customs to resolve shipment issues;
- Contact clients when shipments are released, provide necessary changes for US Customs;
- Answer client questions related to shipment processes;
- Process additional charges and obtain authorization from client to confirm;
- Perform other general clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing.
- Work done in an open space, remain mostly seated at workplace;
- May be disturbed in the normal course of the day and may be in contact with unsatisfied clients that would lead to hostile or tense relations.
Day shift, Mond-Frid. 8:30AM to 5PM
Job Type: Full-time