Responsible for marketing and originating residential mortgage loans to a client base of consumers, realtors, builders and past clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Establishes and maintains relationships with realtors, builders and the general public to develop and retain existing business
- Collects and analyzes information regarding the customer’s income, assets, and debt to adhere to regulatory and underwriting guidelines
- Oversees customer interaction and communicates with all parties involved on each transaction from application to closing, including prequalifying potential home buyers.
- Communicates loan status to all interested parties and answers questions and advises the parties through the entire loan process
- Advises the customer regarding the benefits and disadvantages of different Gateway loan products and negotiates acceptable terms with the customer
- Discloses terms of the loan to the applicant to meet Federal and State regulatory guidelines
- Prepares applications and required disclosures to submit the file to Processing
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Must be highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to process large amounts of data quickly and efficiently
- Must have knowledge of Desktop Underwriter and preferably Byte software
- Appropriate State and Federal licenses, when required
- NMLS License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of mortgage experience
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Work requires ability to interact with all parties to a mortgage transaction. Extensive use of computers is required: LOS Software (Byte), Email, Adobe, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: