The common goal for our professional existence is to offer the students of the district the most comprehensive educational opportunities possible.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide adequate instruction to assigned students. Teach students the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skill as dictated by state law for their appropriate grade level
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skill in the subject area(s) taught
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to federal and state laws that apply to his/her job assignment
- Prepare lesson plans that reflect a logical sequence of learning objectives and activities and meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students
- Be responsible for conducting an effective instructional program
- Prepare for classes and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the administration
- Plan activities which will enable students to aster the essential elements on an appropriate level
- Endeavor to instill within students a willingness to accept the responsibilities of citizenship
- Plan activities which will enable students to master the essential elements on an appropriate level
- Establish control in the classroom and administer discipline and punishment in accordance with Board policies and administrative regulations (Discipline Plan).
- Be familiar with and follow district policies and procedures (Studentand Handbook and Teachers’ Handbook)
- Be punctual and well groomed so as to set a good example for students
- Keep accurate records and provide them for school district use and file and turn in required reports on a timely basis
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and board policy
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings, committees as related to student needs, school programs and district needs
- Work to establish and maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students and parents
- Cooperative with other members of the staff in planning and implementing improvement & instructional goals, objective and methods
- Collaborate with other grade-level teachers
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials
- Be able to communicate accurately and effectively both orally and in writing with parents and students
- Provide for his\her on professional growth through on ongoing program of workshops, seminars conferences, advanced course work or other activities
- Perform duties as assigned by the Principal, CAO, COO/CEO.
Demonstrated competencies in the following areas are a must:
- Data Driven - Proven record of achievement as an elementary or middle school teacher
- Stamina – Ability to handle the intensity required to work in a high-performing charter school
- Accountability – Ensure that joyful rigorous instruction is delivered to every student every day
- Management – Ability to manage the behavior in your classroom
- Self-Reflection – Ability to accept and implement feedback received for real-time improvement
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university and possess at least one (1) year of elementary or middle school classroom teaching experience. Must have a valid Texas Educator’s certification or currently enrolled in an Alternative Certification Program.
Ability to read, analyze, and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written or oral form. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel with effective public speaking skills before large groups.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to use basic office equipment and the ability to learn and use other software as necessary.
Criminal records check, pre-hire and annually thereafter, if applicable. Must be eligible to work in the United States and provide work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Texas Educator's (Preferred)