Job Summary :
Under the supervision of a professional nurse, provides direct care to patient, which reflect Brookdale’s philosophy and standards of home health care. Assists in meeting the patient’s individual needs while treating the patient’s with respect and dignity.
- Assists patients with the activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, and getting to and from activities and meals according to the patient care/service plan.
- Allows and encourages patient’s to do as much of their own care as possible.
- Documents the delivery of quality care in the patient’s clinical record.
- Follows infection control and safety policies and guidelines.
- Implements patient care that is accurately, timely and appropriately documented; maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the patient.
- Performs general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Responds promptly and positively to patient requests for assistance, including emergency pull cords.
- Maintains consistent and concise lines of authority and responsibility with effective communication that promotes a positive working relationship with patient, families, and co-workers.
- Identifies changes in patient status or needs and communicates to the nurse in a timely manner.
- Participates in educational programs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and minimum of one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred, but not required.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements:
HHA certificate or FL C.N.A license
Reliable transportation and proof of valid automobile liability insurance. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Part-time
- home health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Preferred)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or HHA (Required)