The primary focus of this open position will be the study of gut microbiome in pancreatic cancer mouse models, organoids and clinical specimens. This individual will work under the supervision of Dr. Florencia McAllister on challenging and important clinical and biological projects that involve microbiome research. This individual will have individual projects but will also work collaboratively with other lab members.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Plans, designs, develops and implement experiments using mouse models, organoids or clinical specimens.
- Perform genetic engineering experiments to modulate bacteria
- Troubleshooting daily experiments
- Develop, analyze and validate data for assays using statistical methods.
- Compiles, write, and submit scientific manuscripts under supervision of PI.
- Work as part of a team mentoring graduate students and laboratory technicians
- Assists principal investigator with scientific research projects.
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field. Five years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, three years of required experience. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
US Dollar (USD) 46,000
US Dollar (USD) 57,500
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 69,000