ONLINE WRITING TUTOR for 5th - 12th Graders
(Flexible Contract and Part-Time / Work From Home)
PLEASE APPLY ONLY IF YOU:
1) Have a teaching certification and a masters degree in education/journalism/English;
2) Have 4+ experience teaching writing or history to 5th - 12th graders in a classroom setting;
3) Have 4+ experience tutoring writing to 5th - 12th graders;
4) Have high speed internet (25+ mbps);
5) Want to work 5 - 10 hours a week from home (days and times are flexible); and
6) Are willing to commit to 2 years of tutoring.
* Note: Experience teaching gifted students is a plus. No ESL or Special Ed teachers please.
English Hound (www.englishhound.com), a NY based online educational company founded by Ivy League educated attorneys and teachers, is seeking certified, experienced tutors to teach writing to students in grades 5th - 8th.
There is a simple curriculum outline teachers can follow to develop individualized lesson plans. Most tutoring sessions will be one-on-one and will be conducted by utilizing Skype teleconferencing and Google Docs, which means that teachers can teach from their homes or anywhere high speed internet is available.
Many of our students are exceptionally gifted and attending top schools in the country so we are looking for teachers who have experience tutoring gifted children. We will work around teachers' schedules and vacation plans. Our teachers and students have been extremely happy with us.
We pay $45 for per one-hour individualized tutoring session; $50 - 60 for combined classes.
* Please do not apply if you have never had a teacher certification or experience teaching writing to 5th - 12th graders. We are NOT seeking ESL or Special Education Teachers.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $45.00 to $50.00 /hour