Fairview Health Services & HealthEast is looking for a Medical Assistant to provide professional, quality care to patients in the ambulatory setting.
Join the Edina
Clinic in a Family Practice
setting! As a member of the care team, the Medical Assistant supports quality patient and family centered care principles through performing a variety of high level functions within a care team to support the needs of the healthcare team and patients/families
The working lead serves as the “go to” person to assist with communication, coordinates and provides training, orientation and department assimilation. Encourages and motivates team for immediate problem resolution, provides a consistent presence. Anticipates, identifies and reports departmental areas of concern to clinic supervisor. Fosters and promotes a collaborative and helpful team environment. Completes complex and/or high level project work, but is not a substitute for team member thinking and initiative.
To be successful the Lead Medical Assistant must:
- Coordinates daily activities of work team to ensure patient needs are met.
- Coordinates staff orientation and training.
- Provide education training and orientation to new and existing staff
- Promotes team environment within department, other site departments, and other clinics.
- Supports a safe work environment.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program (or be a current LPN within Fairview)
- Current BLS certification required upon hire
- Previous experience in a clinic setting
- Willingness and ability to work at other locations