As an Interior Designer at Interiors by Guernsey, your position generally involves generating design drawings and product specifications for current and potential clients. You will provide consultative services in support of our Sales Team, and their clients and prospects.
More specifically, duties of an Interior Designer are to:
CREATE DESIGN DRAWINGS
- Using AutoCAD Architecture 2018 software, create digital space plans of furniture and related products, floorplans, and elevations in 2D and 3D.
- Experience with CET software would be a plus but not required
- Create revisions of drawings, floorplans, and elevations.
- Create final drawings for installation purposes.
CREATE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
- Using 20/20 Worksheet Furniture Specification Catalog software, create Product Lists (.sif files) from drawings and images.
- Update and revise Product Lists (.sif files).
- Label and digitally store drawings according to company policies and procedures.
- Attach digital drawing files in Furniture Command Center (FCC), our project management software system.
WORK WITH SALES REPRESENTATIVES AND CLIENTS
- As needed or requested, assist Sales Representatives in selecting products, fabrics and finishes.
- As needed or requested, prepare Design boards with Sales Representatives
- As needed or requested, attend client meetings with Sales Representatives
- As needed or requested, Interact with clients and their affiliates prior to and during installation of projects.
DESIGN DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT
- Assist with ordering of design samples, product literature, and other collateral materials
- Help sort and organize design samples kept in both the Design Department and the Design Library
- Help sort and organize product literature
- Assist with monthly 20/20 Worksheet software catalog updating
- Assist with Showroom design, specifications, product ordering, and sample tracking
- AutoCAD Architect 2018, mid-level proficiency
- 20/20 Furniture Specification Software, entry level familiarity
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and growing as a designer
- Internship or Experience with Architect, Design Firm, or Furntiure Dealership a plus
PAY: $42,000 - $66,000/ YR based on Experience and Skillset
BENEFITS: Insurance, 401K, Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Interior Design: 1 year (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules