Virbac, shaping the future of animal health
Founded in 1968 by a French veterinarian, Virbac is an independent pharmaceutical laboratory since always dedicated to animal health. Currently ranked 7th worldwide, the company is present in more than 100 countries, offering a comprehensive and practical range of products and services covering the majority of species and pathologies. Virbac innovation, based on both technological advances and listening to the customers, relies on reactive production facilities which meet the highest international quality standards. For nearly fifty years, these specific features have allowed the company to build a personalized relationship with veterinarians and farmers in every country. Through this privileged partnership, in which social, health and environmental issues come together, Virbac contributes, day after day, to shape the future of animal health.
QC Chemist Technician
Tests materials before, during and after production to measure the characteristics of materials ensuring they conform to established specifications. Inspects and tests finished products and/or raw materials to make sure they meet the required levels of quality.
Area of accountability # 1: Quality Testing
- Analyzes any or combination of the following using in-house and compendial requirements and within parameters of current SOP’s: raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, stability samples and complaints
- Operates a variety of laboratory equipment during testing according to cGMP guidelines
- Consistently and accurately follows established testing methods
- Conducts and completes testing according to both internal methods and cGMP standards
- Notifies leadership and documents any equipment difficulties and potential inaccuracies in testing methods or results
- Reports test results that are out of specification
- Under supervision, may participate in investigations
- Maintains lab records in the form of (but not limited to): notebooks, logs, or electronic systems
- Under guidance, may participate in various investigations
Expected results: Methods and processes used and results generated are accurate and precise and documented according to cGMP guidelines.
Area of accountability #2: Lab Environment
- Ensures proper levels of inventory and supplies are maintained
- Reports equipment problems
- Performs cleaning of lab, equipment and ancillary areas as needed
- Maintains equipment in good working condition by cleaning and storing appropriately
- Regularly executes general housekeeping duties within the lab
- Ensures instruments are qualified and calibrated before use
- Prepares, labels, organizes, and maintains files
- Assists with equipment maintenance and calibration
- Maintains log of chemicals and reagents
- Properly disposes of chemicals, solutions, solvents and/other hazardous materials
- Follows established safety rules and guidelines in the lab and throughout the plant
Expected results: Lab is maintained in an inspection-ready state
Area of accountability # 3: Cross Functional Collaboration
- Works effectively with Health Safety and Environmental in preparation of, during, or as follow to safety audits and/or training
- Works effectively with Health, Safety and Environmental in matters pertaining (but not limited to) MSDS sheets, chemical inventories, and other OSHA-related matters
- Works effectively with finance and procurement relating (but not limited to) ordering lab supplies
- Under guidance, works on various projects with QA, Production, and other departments
Expected results: Communication across all departments is open and the company benefits from the progress.
KNOW-HOW: job-related skills required to complete activities
Knowledge of cGMP rules and regulations.
General laboratory equipment experience (UV/Vis, IR, TOC, KF,etc.)
IT: Microsoft Office, HP Chemstation experience preferred
Languages (specify level): Fluent in English
Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a heavy workload on a regular basis without numerous delays or errors.
Capable of performing a limited amount of troubleshooting (analytical and instrumentation).
Capable of adequate data interpretation and thought process while problem solving, investigating and performing daily lab testing.
Possess strong analytical skills and technique and strong technical writing skills.
BEHAVIOUR: interpersonal skills required to complete activities
Validated Skills Model: INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR
Analyze problems and situations
Demonstrate ability to learn and develop
Adapt to change
Demonstrate drive and results orientation
Demonstrate team work and develop cross-functional collaboration
Optional: Training / Experience necessary to fulfill the job
Educational level or equivalent experience:
Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Biology or other health-related field, or demonstration of equivalent experience. BS degree is preferred.
Total number of years' experience required to fulfil the role:
0-1 years experience operating in a Quality Control Lab.
Experience in a Quality Control Laboratory; preferably in the pharmaceutical or other FDA regulated industry.
Challenges: context: Cross-disciplinary relationships and / or main threats and/or opportunities
– external and internal – which may impact the job’s activities
1. Potential scheduling conflicts on instrumentation due to Production needs.
2. Will be bound to regulatory agencies’ policies and procedures.
***Only applicants interested in second shift will be reviewed
You’re willing to join a dynamic team in a growing company ?
Virbac is committed for several years to promote diversity and equal opportunities especially on the issue of disability. All positions are open to people experiencing disability.
Primary Location: US-MO-St. Louis
Other Locations: United States
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018, 8:00:50 AM