Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) is looking for a Paralegal to join its legal operations team. The Paralegal’s primary areas of responsibility will consist of providing support to internal line of business and functional attorneys, and the Manager, Legal Operations.
Tasks will include support in the following areas:
- Providing support to the RMS Corporate Governance Lead;
- Corporate Governance tasks in this regard will include tracking various actions for a high volume of RMS subsidiaries and joint ventures; and
- Drafting board resolutions, minutes, delegations, POAs, and other documents as may be required to ensure compliance
- Contractual support will include the review and approval of Proprietary Information Agreements
- Management of patent and trademark portfolios, including tracking and coordinating responses to Office Actions with internal and outside counsel;
- Performing related IP searches with the USPTO;
- Assisting with trademark clearance requests;
- Assisting with trademark maintenance and renewal requests;
- Communicating with inventors and processing inventor awards;
- Updating various databases, including InventIt and CPI;
- Tracking and processing annuities due on patent matters; and
- Providing assistance with regard to preparation for and the scheduling of Intellectual Property Review Board (IPRB) meetings
- Litigation support, including issuance and tracking of preservation notices, responding to subpoenas and other requests for information, document collection/support with eDiscovery
- Identifying and, after consultation with the Manager, Legal Operations at RMS, implementing best practices to further advance the functionalization of intellectual property processes and protocols utilized by the RMS Paralegal team
- Deployment and maintenance of Legal Operations tools and assistance with Legal Operations Knowledge Management efforts;
- Review of legal department invoices;
- Completing other projects as may be assigned by the Paralegal Manager – Legal Operations and/or internal Intellectual Property Counsel or RMS line of business/market segment counsel
Desired Skills:The ideal candidate for the Paralegal role will have:
- Significant experience with intellectual property, contractual, litigation and corporate governance matters;
- An Associates Degree - coupled with a paralegal certificate - or higher
- Demonstrated comfort working on a fast-paced team supporting multiple attorneys and clients from various lines of business/market segments;
- Exceptional time management and project planning skills; and
- An Associates Degree - coupled with a paralegal certificate - or higher, plus at least 5-7 years of experience (preferably from combined law firm and in-house experience)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.