Who YOU are:As a future Senior Systems Engineer at Plus3 IT Systems, you:
What you'll be doing:
- You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing VMware vCenter infrastructure, Windows and LINUX Server environments, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policies, and Public Key Infrastructure in a distributed IT environment.
- Are passionate about working on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Aren't satisfied with status quo, and regularly look for creative ways to solve problems and help your team meet commitments
- Are insatiably curious – you ask why, you explore, and you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea
- Love learning new technologies and sharing them with your team
- Have a keen interest in using any and all appropriate tools, especially Cloud-based and Open Sourced, to solve the problem at hand
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams to solve complex business problems together
- Use your experience to motivate your teammates to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Have the ability to multitask and work with limited supervision
- Engineering, documenting, delivering and maintaining the platforms listed above in accordance with customer specifications and security guidelines
- Diagnosing and resolving the toughest performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed above
- Writing thorough implementation and design documents describing how security features are implemented
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Performing requirements analysis, design, and integration for all platforms listed above.
- Providing direction and guidance to less experienced systems engineers.
- Responsibility for investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Providing IT Systems Engineering support on a wide range of technologies, including: VMware vCenter, Horizon View, vRealize Operations, Site Recovery Manager, SolarWinds, Certificate Services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policies and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Automation of repeatable tasks with VMware PowerCLI
- Other tasks to include requirements specification, performance modeling, end-to-end functional analysis, cost estimation, and joint application design.
- Working on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production IT environment.
Desired Technical Skills and Competencies:
- Top Secret Clearance, with ability to obtain SCI with CI Poly
- Requires Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of related experience
- Security+, CISSP, or DoD 8570 Certification required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems, HP SANs, VMware products, PowerShell/PowerCLI scripting.
- ITIL v3.0 or Foundation Certifications highly desired
- Desired Certifications: MCSE - Microsoft Certified System Engineer, MCSE, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, VMware VCP6-DCV – Data Center Virtualization, VMware VCP6-NV Network Virtualization, VMware VCP6-CMA Cloud and Automation, VMware VCP7-CMA Cloud and Automation, Cisco CCNA/CCNP Data Center, AWS Systems Operations or Solutions Architecture
- Experience with HP Blade Servers and HP SANs, nice to have