The Graphic Designer implements and develops NEC’s visual identity and executes design projects ranging from print ads, signage, direct mail, promotional products, to collateral materials, digital screens and web asset development. Using Mac-based Adobe CC programs, the designer has strong proficiency in ensuring a cohesive institutional identity across all mediums and must have an excellent sense of typography, image, and visual hierarchy.
As a key member of the team, the designer is inspired by design challenges, excels at problem solving, and is able to communicate effectively with internal partners and external vendors. We are looking for someone with a natural curiosity who has demonstrated awareness of recent trends in graphic and digital design.
This creative communicator will also have a strong detail-oriented nature to manage deadlines and production scheduling on numerous, concurrent projects working with the Project Manager and Creative Director to prioritize work queue and deliver on deadline and on budget. Through exhibiting a clear understanding of marketing objectives, production constraints and capabilities, the graphic designer will have the ability to distill key messages from creative briefs and deliver the objective visually.
- Executes design projects ranging from print ads, signage, direct mail, promotional products, collateral materials, digital screens and web asset development.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal partners and uses creative problem solving techniques and solutions to meet goals.
- Generates multiple solutions for each design objective and delivers design options with supporting strategy.
- Creates best practices to increase overall effectiveness of design deliverables and end product.
- Follows processes and can execute, implement, train or manage to existing or new best practices.
- Complete set up of files for the end result/deliverable.
- Implement all print production and digital asset exports.
- Understand color management when working between CMYK, PMS, and RGB.
- Execute knowledge of typography, grid and layout.
- Work confidently and independently, yet flexible to take direction and implement feedback.
- Dedicated to skill development and awareness of current and future trends.
- BFA in Graphic Design or Associates Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 1-3 years relevant graphic design experience.
- Demonstrated portfolio of past work that showcases broad skillset and creative design approach
- 35 Hour Work Week
- Medical Plans
- Retirement Savings Account with matching (eligible employees only)
- MBTA Pass Subsidy
- Discounts at area arts organizations with NEC ID