The all new Hyatt Place Santa Barbara is all set to open up. we are looking for a Maintenance tech to be a part of our pre opening team.
Maintains the physical condition of the hotel according to established operating and safety standards, ensuring that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner using hand tools and power tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general guest room and public area maintenance and repairs on HVAC, plumbing and electrical equipment.
- Checks on all guest room electrical appliances and circuits, including refrigeration controls, television sets and lighting systems, making repairs where necessary.
- Provides guest room service/repair status to front desk, chief engineer, and executive housekeeper.
- Performs general carpentry, tiling, wiring, painting and wall surface repairs.
- Moves furniture, hangs draperies and rolls carpets as needed.
- Responds in a timely, courteous manner to guest questions, complaints, or requests.
- Properly maintains tools, workspaces, and equipment.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Understands OSHA standards regarding proper usage and dilution of chemical products, equipment safety and usage, as well as blood borne pathogen precaution and procedures.
- Reports guest or employee safety hazards, maintenance problems or needed repairs to management immediately.
- Completes preventive maintenance checklists and other maintenance records.
- Watches for suspicious activity; may patrol public rooms, investigate disturbances and warn troublemakers; reports any problems to local law enforcement, Hotel Security or General Manager as applicable.
- Ensure the working of all safety equipment
- Assists in fire drills and training
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner.
- Must be punctual and have a good attendance record
- Have reliable means of transportation to work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training : or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- HVAC Certification (Preferred)