Provider Relations & Ops
This position oversees the process of building market share by creating, maintaining, and enhancing referring provider relationships through the promotion of key services and by facilitating the access of providers and patients to those services. This position works closely with executive leadership, PCMG leadership, Medical Staff Services, Strategic Planning, Marketing/Communications and medical education departments. This position also serves as provider support for Phoenix Children's Care Network and facilitates relationships with providers and payer partners of the network and enterprise.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assesses the relationship needs and affiliation opportunities of assigned communities and/or area professionals. Designs the appropriate response/affiliation strategy for assigned region and oversees its timely implementation. Supports the services that can be offered to providers, which include Information, Education, Consultation, and Referral facilitation. Coordinates with internal staff and departments to provide the above services as appropriate.
- Promotes identified high priority services provided by Phoenix Children's enterprise. Builds relationships with strategic providers and networks by selling and facilitating usage of services. Attends applicable provider meetings and conferences. Introduces new strategic providers to community and recruits strategic providers.
- Provides feedback to the organization regarding outreach contacts made by documenting these in the outreach database and distributing monthly reports to interested parties. Provides follow-up to providers and acts as liaison for referral problems and other service issues. Regularly assesses the satisfaction of referring providers; takes action to improve if necessary. Takes action on any provider complaints regarding payer or network issues and reports them to the appropriate internal payer operations teams.
- Provides recognition for loyal, referring providers. Monitors changes in regional providers/competitors and sees that the database is updated accordingly. Stays within annual budget for travel, events, collateral, and program support. Supports recognition events and initiatives.
- Schedules and makes visits with other facilities providers, nurses, referral coordinators, and office staff at hospitals and clinics in assigned territory to establish referral relationships. Effectively manages multiple territories (Service region: (Southwestern US, Arizona) with varying demographics. Accompanies providers and/or administrators to visits as needed. Staffs and attends appropriate exhibits or conferences.
- Manages and coordinates high level network meetings, which includes executive leadership, PCMG and market-based physicians.
- Sells the Clinical Integration Organization (CIO) and focuses on growing membership.Attends applicable town hall meetings and educational opportunities.
- Collaborates and supports strategic growth initiatives through relationship building with ambulatory networks and hospital ACO's and clinically integrated networks and other key primary care partnerships. Takes direction from the PCCN strategic plan and Phoenix Children's strategic plan to effect change and build service lines. Can function as a project manager and lead initiatives to completion.
- Cultivates new business opportunities with hospitals, ambulatory providers and physicians for development in primary and secondary service areas. (Southwest US, Arizona)
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.