DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally.
For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.
DXC Technology has an immediate need in our US Public Sector group for a Systems Administrator in McLean, VA.
The Server Administrator’s responsibilities include:
• Implementation of baseline changes and respond to change requests.
• Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers; build servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination of application projects; and operate and maintain servers.
• May create and document new methods supporting network/system operations and implement changes to procedures.
• Consult with support teams, help desks, customers and other technical staff in the resolution of problems, coordinates and performs operation and/or maintenance activities for networks/servers, identifies recurring problems and recommends steps to reduce the severity or frequency of problems.
• Provide 24 x 7 monitoring support to Client/Server and Network Operations.
• Take appropriate action to maintain system availability.
• Review system anomalies, perform initial troubleshooting, generate and route SRS tickets to the appropriate service providers for timely work-off.
• Maintain current and accurate logs, accurately documenting all system outages and pertinent follow-up information as required. Remain current in with Standard Operating Procedures, System manuals and control logs.
• Maintain accuracy of all System Analysts task.
• Continue to develop state of the art knowledge and skills, as required, for the evolving technical environment.
• Remedy – SRS
• HP Openview
• Lotus Notes databases and e-mail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to work closely with CSM Management, Client/Server & Network professionals and the customer community
Night Shift 6:30pm - 6:30am
Education and Experience Required:
• 6 Years of job related experience and High School/GED diploma
• 4 Years of job related experience and Associate degree
• 2-3 Years of job related experience and Bachelor’s degree
• 1 Year of job related experience and Master’s degree
Current and Active TS clearance with favorable polygraph
EEO Tagline: Perspecta is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities