Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is seeking a Human Resource (HR) Administrator for its Cary, North Carolina location. The HR Administrator will be responsible for providing consistent, high quality resolution to Employee, Manager, HR and vendor inquiries using judgment, data analysis, experience, knowledge and independent thinking abilities.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages all Administration inquiries from Managers, employees and HR Business Partners utilizing a case management tool
- Background Checks, Drug Screens, Unemployment Inquiries, Legal Inquiries, Third Party Inquiries, Verifications of Employment, File Maintenance & Management, etc
- Provide consistent HR support on day-to-day Administration issues and inquiries, answering non-routine requests for information in an effective and efficient manner
- Collaborates with Managers, HR Business Partners, GBS and CoE partners, vendors and service providers to resolve Administration issues
- Ensures high-quality standards for all activities, initiatives, and tasks adhering to all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) established by the Service Line
- Takes ownership of all escalated cases in order to ensure a timely resolution with a superior level of quality
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- High School Diploma and minimum 5 to 9 years of related experience or a combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, internet and intranet required.
- Minimum of 5 year experience in Human Resources.
- HRIS experience preferred (SAP).
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work and organize effectively in a time sensitive environment.
- Exercise critical thinking and analytical skills to investigate and resolve issues.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for working independently and proactively.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make decisions to remediate issues.
- Strong client relationship skills - ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication and active listening skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit HR Service Delivery
Date posted 2019-02-20
Job Function Human Resources
Publication ID US67981578_E2