Edgewater is seeking a qualified candidate for a Quality Assurance Specialist opportunity for our customer in Carlsbad, NMfor theSandia National Laboratories Carlsbad Office.
Sandia National Laboratories (SNL) in its role as scientific advisor to the Department of Energy (DOE) for the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) is responsible for evaluating the long-term performance of the WIPP repository.
This risk-based Performance Assessment (PA) is accomplished with numerous scientific models and codes. The PA forms the technical basis of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification of WIPP and the periodic Recertification for WIPP.
This position will support Quality Assurance program development, coaching, and surveillance.
Further duties will include supporting the SNL technical staff in additional assignments (e.g., representation of Sandia in documentation, explanation, and defense of work completed for above activities related to EPA-mandated compliance recertification applications (CRAs) to the EPA) as directed.
- Serve as a Quality Assurance (QA) team member and oversee laboratory and field QA activities that support the WIPP project.
- Perform QA reviews on WIPP documents and maintain the WIPP database related to laboratory and field QA.
Quality Assurance Specialist Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, scientific, or related technical discipline, or equivalent, and at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Intimate knowledge of QA requirements.
- Knowledge of WIPP quality directives highly desired.
- Software Quality Assurance and Performance Modeling experience desired.
Provide documentation at least monthly on the work undertaken for Sandia.
Work Hours are 4/10’s
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.00 to $70.00 /hour
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job