United States Postal Service
External Publication for Job Posting 10228466
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the
examination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
10/15/2018 - 10/22/2018
PRINT PRODUCTION SPECIALIST
475 LENFANT PLZ SW
WASHINGTON, DC 20260-0004
TITLE: PRINT PRODUCTION SPECIALIST
GRADE: EAS - 25
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
OCCUPATION CODE: 1654-0003
NON-SCHEDULED DAYS: Saturday/Sunday
HOURS: 08:00 A.M. to 05:00 P.M.
SALARY RANGE: 75.332,00 - 99,500 USD Annually
FINANCE NUMBER: 102871
BENEFIT INFORMATION: The salary will be based on previous experience, salary history, and current postal pay policies.
We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer
contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.
Leads print production for Brand Marketing and creative teams across all marketing campaigns to include but not limited to
planning and scheduling print jobs, utilizing best practices and industry trends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops and implements project specifications (e.g., paper size, treatment, indicia) and production schedules for printing
projects based on client demand and job specifications; provides cost pricing structures and manages job execution
requirements for print production work from start to finish.
2. Researches and recommends materials needed for production and determines vendor that is best fit based on the size
and scale of the project. Verifies that supplies and materials needed for production are established and maintained at
prescribed levels by printing vendor before production begins.
3. Coordinates and schedules print production work assignments with key stakeholders according to the demands of
workloads and printing schedules.
4. Determines pricing quotes to ensure projects are executed within budget. Works with appropriate sized printing vendors to
execute projects of varying scales.
5. Attends team meetings to provide expertise to client and creative teams and assists in bringing designs to print.
6. Reviews all print projects to ensure United States Postal Service mail standards are met. Reviews each mail piece design
and specifications to ensure address accuracy, mailability, and machinability.
7. Coordinates print production schedules, print specifications and cost analysis reports for internal budget approval.
8. Works closely with printing vendors to understand their capabilities in relation to print/mail specifications, while being able
to tactfully and effectively communicate details and information by phone, in person and via email with all outside vendors.
9. Travels as needed to press checks.
Manager of unit to which assigned.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated
and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and
experience the following requirements:
1. Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, to assess needs of clients and provide feedback to ensure successful
execution of projects.
2. Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders at various levels within the organization and printing vendors to set timelines,
expectations, and quality control for projects.
3. Knowledge of print/mail production standards and industry trends.
4. Ability to support project execution including paper selection, special paper treatment and techniques and the ability to
5. Ability to track and manage project timelines, source quotes, handle invoices and present findings and make
recommendations for project improvements.
6. Knowledge of pre-press quality control, mail piece design and review by attending press checks.
7. Experience with direct mail and other physical print projects (e.g., Invitations, brochures, posters, sales kits).
8. Skill in using Adobe Creative Suite.
9. Ability to implement quality control and assurance techniques to maintain project schedules and specifications.
10. EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in printing, graphic or commercial art
or a related field from a college or university accredited by a national or regional accreditation organization recognized and
sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Education OR seven years of equivalent professional printing production experience.
11. SPECIAL CONDITION: Willingness to travel as required.
Reimbursement of relocation expenses will NOT be authorized.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans'
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or
selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This
request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation
needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.