- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry (experience owning a program/product/feature, scoping requirements, planning milestones, project management and working with technical teams)
- 3+ years pf experience managing process re-engineering and improvement efforts
- 1+ years of demonstrated understanding of AI/ML
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the TS/SCI level with Polygraph
Passionate about helping the U.S. Intelligence Community leverage massive amounts of data and staying ahead of strategic threats using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML)?
Amazon has a long history with AI/ML, from personalizing millions of webpages with product recommendations on Amazon.com, to operating fleets of robotics in our fulfillment centers, to deploying Amazon Alexa in millions of homes. As the leading cloud provider, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is transforming the way technology is delivered all over the world. Through the AWS cloud, Amazon makes available the broadest and deepest set of AI/ML services – from computer vision and natural language processing to recommendations and forecasting – so that every developer and data scientist can apply machine learning to their mission.
As the Technical Program Manager for AI/ML, you will drive cloud AI/ML initiatives in support of sensitive and critical U. S. Intelligence Community priorities. On your team, you will operate in in the areas between account, service, professional service, and architecture teams driving the process to meet a goal. You will function like a chief operating officer. Your program management expertise will translate ideas into action. Your communication and coordination skills will bring the best out of matrixed, cross-sector teams. And your ability to deliver tangible, successful outcomes will transform the Intelligence Community for years to come.
- Responsible for managing the lifecycle of complex cross-functional AI programs with considerable impact for National Security customers
- Manage specific, strategic initiatives leveraging program management best practices
- Validate, prioritize, communicate, and track the delivery of customer requirements for AI/ML solutions
- Track status and drive forward team progress across a myriad of complex, interwoven programs to ensure focused development on value-added efforts
- Coordinate strategic engagements with cross-functional teams, including AWS subject matter experts, account teams, solutions architects, and professional service engineers
- Uses technical judgment to inform technology and business trade-offs
DC area, Seattle, WA or Denver, CO
- Ability to effectively communicate with and coordinate cross-functional teams, government and industry, senior and operational stakeholders, and business and technical audiences
- 5+ years of experience in program management, with a record of being detail-oriented, self-motivated, and capable of successful delivery of IT solutions as a team leader
- Strong understanding of and experience implementing AI/ML and related technologies, including deep learning; Bachelors or Master’s Degree with coursework on AI/ML and related technologies a plus
- Strong understanding of U.S. Federal Mandates, Security, Standards and Compliance for national security mission systems operating in a multi-tenant infrastructure/platform as a service environment
- Strong understanding of and experience working in cloud computing; AWS certifications (e.g. Certified Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect) a plus
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development pertaining to AI/ML
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.