ContractEstimated: $100,000 - $140,000 a year
- Analysis Skills
- Communication Skills
- Driver's License
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
Full Job Description
Enel Green Power is seeking a motivated self-starter to join our Environmental Studies and Permitting team. This team member will work internally with and advise project development teams in the area of natural resources and permitting, prepare and submit permit applications, amendments, and reports for large scale renewable energy projects in various States in the US and Canada. They will also work externally with consultants, contractors, and state agencies to obtain studies and permits.
- Work with Project Managers to develop project schedules and budgets for a variety of wind and solar projects.
- Work with the Head of Business Development Environmental Studies and Permitting to create policy and specific project strategies.
- Support development of permit applications and amendments, reports, regulatory submissions and data analysis.
- Manage contractors in the field.
- Write, review and assemble documents, correspondence, schedules and additional project deliverables.
- Manage the preparation of technical submittals to agencies.
- Schedule, lead preparation for, attend and actively participate in agency meetings and legal proceedings.
- Manage and mentor less experienced staff.
- Experience managing multiple projects from a natural resource and permitting perspective.
- Experience managing junior staff and multiple consultants.
- Experience in developing strategies, schedules and project budgets.
- Ability to actively participate in public meetings and hearings.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with regulatory agencies.
- Intimate knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act, Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act, the Endangered Species Act.
- Ability to review and understand state and local wildlife and permitting regulations and supporting legal counsel in interpreting and developing compliance strategies.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in natural resources field, environmental science, or related from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Regular drivers’ license required
- Ability to travel 25% domestically