Engagement Specialist, North America
ORCID is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional for a position as Engagement Specialist based in North America. If you like the excitement of a start-up and the public-service orientation of a non-profit, join us in building our regional engagement programs. The successful candidate will help to develop partners, support membership growth, and promote ORCID adoption in their region, in coordination with other members of the ORCID team.
Who we are
ORCID (https://orcid.org/) is an independent non-profit organization that serves the research community. We have a global and interdisciplinary scope. Our core mission is to connect research and researchers. We do this by providing an identifier for individuals to use with their name as they engage in research, scholarship, and innovation activities; by providing tools and training to the community for integrating these identifiers into research workflows; and by building and sustaining a community of users and adopters. We are seeking a candidate to build, support and execute our regional engagement capacity, with a major emphasis on tactics that will support broad adoption of ORCID and increased membership growth and sustainability for the organization. The position is home-based and will report to the Engagement Manager, Americas.
Working with ORCID colleagues and our community, the Engagement Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that we grow our membership and that users and members get the best possible value by communicating with researchers and building and promoting the best possible integrations. The key responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively within and across teams to implement a regional strategy that is aligned with ORCID’s long- and short-term strategic goals
- Fostering the core values of ORCID (openness, transparency, community, sustainability) and building regional and sectoral “communities of practice”.
- Building relationships regionally among users and organizations with the goal of achieving our regional membership, partnership, integration, and user adoption objectives.
- Managing relationships with ORCID members, from lead opportunity stage through onboarding and implementation of ORCID, and managing membership renewals
- Collaborating with the ORCID communications, technical, strategy, and partnership teams to develop and extend regional contacts.
- Providing information and training to support adoption of ORCID identifiers and implementation of ORCID tools and services, including helping to organize workshops and webinars.
- Providing Tier 1 help desk support for members and escalated support for users, including reviewing iDeas forum submissions; working with the technical team to prioritize, specify, and review new features; and identifying opportunities to improve and streamline our community support workflows.
- Each team member will be a designated liaison with other ORCID teams. These liaisons are responsible for enabling the regional teams to effectively influence and roll out cross-team projects, namely; Communication, Partnerships and Technology
Requirements and Qualifications
- Fluency in English and French (preferential)
- Candidate must be based in the North America region.
- Completion of a 4-year college degree and work experience in research policy, scholarly communications, and/or community development.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working on a team, facilitating cross-team collaboration to achieve team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrated community-building skills, with ability to work with people from a wide range of cultural backgrounds, training, and experience.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator with extensive successful writing and presentation experience, including demonstrated ability to conceptualize and verbally describe research infrastructure and information management in a way that is compelling to diverse audiences.
- Strong cross-sector and international relationships in the research community.
- High-energy, results-oriented self-starter, with excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to commit 20% time to travel within the region.
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Flexible work hours and tools to support our virtual office environment.
- Budget to choose your preferred laptop.
- Knowledgeable and involved Board and community participants.
Please go to https://goo.gl/forms/k2PR293QmzH5QMGg1and submit application.
Job Type: Full-time
- French (Preferred)
- English (Required)