Headquartered in exciting Atlanta, Georgia, Ballard Designs is a dynamic, fast-growing marketer of globally inspired home furnishings and accessories. We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial team of smart, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what we do. If you are energetic, success-driven, and ready to make a real impact, we need to meet you. Right now, we are looking for a Web Designer to join our eCommerce team.
The Web Designer position requires artistic skills, project management skills, technical knowledge, interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to learn new skills at a fast pace. A successful candidate for this position of should contain the knowledge and skills to be responsible for the following:
- Design and development of email marketing, landing pages, and other web deliverables for the eCommerce Departments. Monitor all incoming creative requests, assign to the appropriate team member, and interface with the team in order to deliver quality creative.
- Gather requirements and then provide direction and approvals for creative designed by the team. Ensure that all creative consistently captures and supports the brand identity and conveys a clear message to the customer. Work with stake holders to prioritize requests.
- Perform daily content and creative tasks on the website and mobile (homepage updates, WordPress blog posts, etc.) Flexibility to QA new site content launches mornings, evenings and Holidays as needed to support promotion launches
- Design and develop high-profile user experiences on the website. This involves technical requirements, wireframes, mockups, HTML/CSS development, and an overall understanding of user interface and information architecture principles.
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a production-oriented environment, professionally and proactively completing assignments.
- Have strong typographic, color and layout skills and an understanding of how these basic design principles are applied to the web.
- Be well versed in Photoshop, Illustrator, and XHTML/CSS with a broad understanding of current web and browser-related issues.
- Have a solid interest in web technologies, standards, design tools and trends as well as an understanding of the practical benefits and limitations of web technologies (such as Flash and HTML.)
- Must be a problem solver who can find creative, engaging solutions even within technical and branding requirements.
- Must be comfortable following direction and implementing changes based on constructive criticism and be able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines.
- Ability to create web pages in HTML without use of WYSIWYG editor (Hand Coding.)
- Possess outstanding verbal communication skills, self-motivation, attention to detail, passion for web design, desire to keep learning and a drive to produce great work on a consistent basis.
- Should possess a positive “can do” attitude and a willingness to grasp opportunities in a dynamic work environment.
- Able to work effectively with other visual designers and copywriters.
- Have a strong understanding of mobile-friendly design considerations across multiple device types (e.g. desktop, tablet, mobile.)
- Adept in gathering and defining project requirements in order to meet department/company business objectives.
- Availability nights, weekend and holidays to remotely troubleshoot and resolve website content and promotional messaging as issues arise.
- At least 4-7 years’ experience in web or graphic design.
- Highly proficient in design software such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with minor photo retouching in Photoshop.
- Proficient in HTML, SASS, CSS, Bootstrap and Dreamweaver.
- Knowledge of mobile web design, app design, HTML5 or JQuery is a plus.
- Experience working with CMS such as Wordpress, Concrete 5, Joomla, etc.
- Experience working on consumer facing transactional or ecommerce oriented sites a plus.
Job Type: Full-time