Our fast paced Stamping Operation requires an experienced tooling Engineer to manage our Customer owned tools form cradle to grave. As a key support member you will interact with shop floor tooling challenges and provide leadership in the design and construction of new tool programs being an interface between our valued customers and our selected tool shops.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to the following, other duties may be applied;
- Provide tooling support to our high volume stamping operation necessary to achieve scheduled attainment, die repairs, change over improvements and operator safety.
- Responsible for new and modified tooling trials in existing production stamping presses.
- Perform die and stamping improvement activity enhancing entire part quality to reduce scrap and rework.
- Review tooling models and drawings in Auto Cad or Solid Works to understand new proposals, identify design concerns and review die construction.
- Provide cost effective and high quality technical support to all internal and external customers on time.
- Maintain and comply with high standards for housekeeping, structure and safety resulting in safe and productive atmosphere for all employees.
- Support to reduce conversion costs and enhance process equipment OEE.
- Convey detailed relevant information to upper management, key customers plus employees.
- Provide tool designs to internal sales or quoting departments that meet the quality and volume expectation of the Programs they are required for.
- Review, track and measure operating indicators of departmental performance regularly.
- Perform stretch objectives to continue to enhance main indicators beyond conventional means resulting in lowest practical manufacturing costs.
- Execute continuous improvement activity to meet or exceed improvement objectives.
- Write tooling standards plus specifications for new tooling.
- Plan and review project time lines with selected Tool Shops for launch programs.
- Creative and progressive thinking is required to be a competent tooling engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of large-scale production and manufacturing
- Travel Requirements:
- Has the Authority and Responsibility to report non-conforming product
- Timely and responsive reports and documents
- Specified and accurate inspections and measurements
- Meeting safety performance targets
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- None at this time
- Mechanically adept
- Attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and work under schedule demands
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate MS, Auto Cad, Solid Works
- Able to read all precision measuring instruments
- Ability to read and interpret specifications
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or equivalent along with;
- Seven (7) to 10 years’ experience in tooling design and development
- Experience as a machinist is preferred
- Industry-specific background is a plus
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to write reports in the English language
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of supervisors and/or managers in the English language
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- None at this time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; walk; climbing stairs, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
- WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The environment is primarily a typical manufacturing environment
- There is some limited exposure to physical risk
- PPE REQUIREMENTS
- Eye protection required in all areas of the production floor
- Foot apparel must cover all portions of the foot
- Safety shoes/boots with metal or composite toe protection are required within production areas
- Hearing protection equipment required while on the production floors
- Other PPE such as gloves are required based on the task at hand
This document only provides a general description of the position. It is neither intended nor represented as providing a fixed and/or complete list of its duties. Management at any time may change these duties as well as the other descriptions contained herein.
Job Type: Full-time
- Machinist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Precision Measuring Instrument: 1 year (Preferred)
- Stamping Press: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs