The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Space Security Division within Lockheed Martin Space’s Mission Solutions business area is seeking a dedicated Systems Engineer to focus on Integration and Test to join our dynamic team on the in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
As a Systems Engineer focusing on Integration and Test, you will:
- Author and execute test procedures to satisfy program test verification objectives.
- Independently author formal test procedures, standard operating procedures, and data reports.
- Plan, implement, test, document, and maintain solutions for the integration and testing components, elements, subsystems and/or systems.
- Synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Establish functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
- Review, evaluate and derive requirements for testability, develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems.
- Perform analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive subsystem and/or system level evaluation reports which verify and validate system performance.
- Plan, direct, review and coordinate project documentation to ensure customer, contract, and company requirements are met.
- Collaboratively refine requirements to ensure that the intent is met even when not explicitly stated in requirements.
- Write discrepancy reports and performs integration regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with testing and problem solving for integrated systems
- Willingness to work overtime supporting off-shifts and weekends/holidays in a 24/7 operations environment
- Have sound organization and troubleshooting skills and understand hardware/software design, requirements generation, product development, test execution, and verification activities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
- Demonstrated experience writing system level test plans, test procedures, and test information sheets
- Experience in a test and requirements verification environment
- Team player who takes ownership of work and is capable of independent critical thinking and completion of activities.
- U.S. citizen and ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience communicating and collaborating across team boundaries with subcontractors and customers
- Experience working in the test lab environment; exposure to structural and environmental test.
- Experience with data manipulation in Matlab, Python, and Excel; structured programming experience
- Familiarity with automated test software
- Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.