Position/Title: Manager of Aircraft Technical Records
Reports to: Director of Quality
Location: Wayne, Pennsylvania (“Philly”)
At Eastern Airlines curiosity and excitement for growth go a long way. In fact, Eastern Airlines was launched by seekers, adventurers and above all fliers. Our rich legacy and pioneering spirit are still evident in our team today.
Our open-hearted attitude, respect for the people we fly and our attention to detail is what sets Eastern Airlines apart from its competitors. Natural curiosity and hunger for wonder are behaviors that make our employees successful.
This summary provides a listing of the knowledge, skills and abilities that are critical components of the position for Manager Aircraft Technical Records.
This is a full time, FLSA non‐exempt, position responsible for the day‐to‐day administering of aircraft and engine records as required by company policy and/ or FAA regulations. The Manager of Aircraft Technical Records oversees and is responsible for the accuracy, completeness, and compliance of the company’s aircraft records and is responsible for ensuring the high integrity and dependability of all aircraft records and maintenance information.
- *Duties and Responsibilities
*The Manager Aircraft Technical Records reports to the Director of Quality with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Oversees strict compliance with FAA regulations and company requirements of all aircraft records using company database and tracking systems;
- Monitors and resolves all daily aircraft maintenance discrepancies and work package data;
- Oversees the dependability and reliability of aircraft records and time control systems on life-limited components and aircraft maintenance services;
- Ensures the department and/or record analyst(s) maintain an organized file for each aircraft’s permanent records, creating new files as needed;
- Periodically audits aircraft and engine records to ensure accuracy of components scheduled and subsequently confirms or corrects entries made as needed;
- Ensures that all accomplished scheduled maintenance forms, Airworthiness Directives (ADs), and Service Bulletins (SBs), are properly recorded in the permanent aircraft log;
- Develops new processes and procedures and/or implements changes to existing work processes and procedures for a more efficient work environment;
- Manages department such that all persons may have a high level of confidence that all aircraft records accurately reflect that the actions were performed in accordance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, GMM, Manufacturer maintenance manuals and safe standard practices;
- Manages the processes and procedures used by department in procurement and reception of aircraft parts will guard against “unapproved” parts from entering the parts system and to ensure that any such parts are detected before their use;
- Manages and periodically audits to ensure that a current record of inspections and tests is maintained on all inspection tools and the calibration of precision test equipment used by mechanics.
- Education, Qualification and Requirements:
- Must hold a current Mechanic Certificate with an Airframe and Power Plant rating and have held these ratings for at least three (3) years;
- Must have at least three (3) years of maintenance experience on different types of large airplanes (having 10 or more passenger seats) with an air carrier or repair station; inspector;
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience in a supervisory capacity maintaining large aircraft of the same category and class as that of the company;
- Ability to accurately perform simple to semi‐advanced calculations;
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to plan, prioritize, and coordinate workload;
- Strongly preferred: extensive experience with aircraft records systems;
- Familiarity with accessing online aircraft manuals;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a dynamic environment;
- Intermediate‐to‐advanced computer skills with intermediate keyboarding /data -entry abilities;
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, professionalism, and positive customer service attitude without compromising quality;
- Bachelor’s degree or specific trade school education;
- Ability to communicate effectively; in both oral and written communication;
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment;
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a driving record from the state of your primary residence that meets the Company’s insurance standards;
- Pass a two (2) year drug and alcohol background check, pre-employment drug test, and criminal history records check (CHRC);
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $72,000.00 /year
- Supervisory and Leadership: 3 years (Required)
- FAA Regulations: 3 years (Required)
- Aircraft Maintenance Part 121: 3 years (Required)
- Airframe and Powerplant (Required)