If you are considering a new job or, better yet, a new place to develop your career, we know you have choices. With nearly 50 years as a leader in our industry, consider Yardmaster as a contender for your search!
Yardmaster,a green industry leader in Northern Ohio, has an incredible opportunity for a independently driven and organized individual at our headquarters in Painesville, Ohio. Due to an upcoming retirement, we are looking for that ideal person to join our close knit team and head up our Payroll and Benefits department.
The ideal person will have:
1). Minimum 1 year working with ADP Workforce Now.
2). Experience processing payroll for approximately 300 EE’s with additionally processing payroll changes, additions and deletions
3). Experience in handling 401k, EEOC reports, working with workers comp claims, OSHA reports, and the like.
4). Worked in the landscape business or a similar industry such as construction.
5). Can handle a large volume and short time frames, has excellent communication skills, and above all, enjoy working with people!
In addition to a competitive salary, Yardmaster offers our employees a stable and friendly work environment that is continuously growing, excellent healthcare and retirement benefits and a work location that is an easy commute from anywhere in the greater Cleveland area.
Additional job responsibilities are below. Please don't delay with submitting your resume if interested as this position is going to be an immediate start for the right person so that they can train as long as possible with our current retiring Specialist.
Responsible for all aspect of payroll reporting and processing. Answers employee’s questions in regards to paychecks, health insurance, deductions, net pay and 401k.
Position reports to Controller/Accounting Mgr/Office Manager
Essential Duties and Basic Duties/Responsibilities:
1. Records time sheet data from in-house computerized payroll system to outside system. Process payrolls for all locations and related companies. Ensures employee pay rates are correct and changed when needed.
2. Posts employee deductions and ensures they are made accurately (health insurance 401k, advances, uniforms, etc)
3. Calculates commissions and provides report for management approval.
4. Reports and processes 401k deductions to outside service. Annually provides information for census, 5500 and any other annual reports required by outside service.
5. Corresponds with employee’s regarding eligibility on all benefits provided by Yardmaster..
6. Attends meetings with Manager in regards to health insurance (includes medical, dental, life and LTD).
7. Provides new hires with a new hire packet and reports such to proper authorities. Ensures and provides all locations have forms needed for new hires and change of desired benefits.
8. Works with unemployment and workers compensation departments when questions arise.
9. Verifies all health insurance bills and provides report showing department distributions.
10. Maintains vacation schedule, personnel files, medical files, I9 files, and all other payroll/benefit files.
11. Reviews and approves bills for all companies for payroll services provided.
12. Performs variety of other clerical payroll duties and provides payroll reports as requested by management. Assists in all aspects of benefit plans.
13. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and management in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
Education/Certification: High School Graduate or equivalent.
Required Knowledge: 1-year previous accounting/bookkeeping experience.
Experience required: Must be adept in ADP Workforce Now, MS office, especially word and excel, Internet and email.
Skills/Abilities: Attentive to detail and accurate.
Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
Able to use computer, adding machine and telephone.
Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $41,900.00 /year