DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Providing Opportunity, Assistance and Care for Arizonans in need!
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS):
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES CALL CENTER AGENT
Division of Child Support Services (DCSS)
3443 N. Central Avenue, 16th Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85012
The DCSS Call Center Agent has direct client contact, and assists in collection efforts by handling a high volume of incoming calls and emails from custodial and non-custodial parents, caretakers, employers and other jurisdictions. The person in this position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing the automated case management system, interpreting data and responding to callers within required timeframes of the region. This position is responsible for the quality of timeliness of work products, courtesy and effectiveness in provisions of child support services to clients, absent parents, state agencies and judicial entities. DCSS is currently hiring for English and Bilingual Call Center Agents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Answer and respond to a high volume of incoming calls and email messages from custodial and non-custodial parents, caretakers, employers and other jurisdictions within required regional timeframes
- Access case history to review, interpret, and analyze data and assess information
- Contact child support offices to communicate and/or coordinate follow-up on caller transactions
- In-bound/Out-bound call center policy, procedures and regulations governing confidential information and privacy through extensive experience
- Interactive voice response systems, automated dialers and the computer system; automated office systems and equipment
- Interviewing techniques to obtain accurate information
- Handling a high volume of in-bound calls; meeting established response times to resolve questions, issues and discrepancies
- Monitoring; tracking and analyzing data
- Meet performance measures while providing excellent customer service; maintain up-to-date knowledge of policy and procedures; improve performance with call center hardware and software; analyze and interpret data related to court orders
- Effectively use the automated case management system; effectively use electronic messages as a communication tool; understand related child support enforcement techniques and activities
- Work from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Bilingual Call Center Agents must take and pass, pursuant to Department standards, a Bilingual Spanish conversation test as well as have the ability to communicate competently in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
- Candidates with at least 2 years of extensive In-bound/Out-bound call center experience are desirable
The Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Sick leave
- Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact (602) 542-4523 for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-364-3981. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.