General Description: Provide assistance and service in all food functions in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local regulatory guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review menus prior to serving times and understand menu.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the resident.
- Assist cooks in meal preparation including salads and desserts.
- Follow department standard procedures for wait staff in serving residents meals.
- Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed.
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
- Obtain food supplies for next meal.
- Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas. Serve food in dining room as instructed.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils, etc., are readily available for next meal.
- Remove food trays from carts, kitchen, dining rooms, etc., and take to dishwashing area.
- Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed.
- Follow safety regulations and precautions at all times.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Report missing/illegible labels or MSDSs to your supervisor.
- Make only authorized food substitutions.
- Restock condiments on tables.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, for parties, etc.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Clean and sanitize work tables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed.
- Carry soiled utensils, dishes etc., to wash area.
- Return clean utensils and dishes to proper storage areas.
- Ensure that safety regulations and precautions are followed at all times by all personnel.
- Follow established Infection Control Precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Executive Director.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Dining Services.
Job Type: Full-time
- Servers: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Preferred)