The Unix and Storage Engineer Sr. provides the installation, maintenance, support and enhancements to the Hoag Hospital storage and unix systems infrastructure. The position supports the functions which contribute to the continued operation of Hoag's Information Technologies’ (IT) department including; storage provisioning, capacity planning, performance analysis, monitoring, reporting and unix systems administration.
- Architects and implements storage and data management solutions.
- Benchmarks, evaluates and makes recommendations for the selection of storage management software and hardware products.
- Develops and implements business continuity practices for storage management.
- Works with system administrators to maintain and enhance the storage environment in support of existing computer network systems, and provide second and third level support using Incident Management processes.
- Provides support to operations relating to storage administration problems.
- Prepares monthly status reports (or implements web-based reports) quantitatively reporting storage capacity, performance and uptime.
- Responsible for securing storage resources. This includes password maintenance, new user logon and setup, and data protection procedures.
- Creates and maintains automates system backups and procedures for storage operations. Assists operators, where possible, in streamlining daily operations.
- Works to minimize downtime impact on users through accurate planning of scheduled downtime and quick problem resolution for unscheduled downtimes.
- Follows the established standards in writing and documenting projects and storage configurations.
- Contributes to the development of new standards and/or the modification of existing standards.
- Performs all job related responsibilities with minimal management direction and guidance.
Strong knowledge across multiple storage disciplines:
o Brocade Fabric
o Network SMB/NFS
In-depth Unix/Linux system and administration
o Design and architecture
o Clustering and High availability
o Cluster and Remote Replication technologies
o Redhat or CentOS
o MS Cluster
o Storage Replication
o VMWare SRM and SRA
Experience with backup technologies
o IBM Tape library
o Veeam Virtual Backups
o TSM Enterprise backup
Experience with connectivity protocols
o Fibre Channel/iSCSI/NFS/SMB
o Multipathing Storage
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Child Care benefits
- Gym memberships or discounts
This job will require you to pass a background check: