Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and 50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We're building the best product for the entertainment industry but operate in a 50B market and have big goals we want to achieve. With over 130M USD raised from Tiger Global Management, Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn't a better time to join!
The Opportunity – Lead Payroll Analyst III
Wrapbook is looking for a Payroll Analyst III to ensure day-to-day operations and team responsibilities are met and successful. Establish best practices and work with team members to resolve issues and provide guidance in the areas of payroll best practices and labor laws. Prepare process documentation and work with internal teams on process improvement projects. Assist clients, workers, and internal stakeholders in all areas surrounding payroll processing and compliance.
What you'll do:
- Evaluate gaps in payroll processing and compliance then provide recommendations
- Stay up to date with changes regarding payroll and tax laws to prioritize system improvements
- Process payroll corrections to resolve various issues surrounding taxable wages, overpayments, and calculation errors
- Respond to escalated agency requests
- Reconcile and process end-of-day activities for ACH and invoicing
- Complete assigned responsibilities for various projects
- Assess and provide feedback for payroll-related functionalities
- Reconcile and assist with escheatment filing processes
- Utilize industry expertise to provide feedback on internal projects to meet department goals
- Distribute day-to-day items and evaluate KPIs
- Assist in establishing payroll policies and procedures
- Create payroll testing guidelines
- Provide feedback and create client-facing materials
What you'll have:
- 7+ years of end-to-end multi-state payroll processing experience
- Federal and state tax amendment experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or other related field
- Previous third-party payroll or entertainment/film industry payroll experience preferred
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Proven Excel skills
Why Join Us
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you'll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts. Benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental benefits
- Up to $1500 towards IT set up for your home
- Up to 2% matching RRSP / 401K
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Up to $50 USD/ $66.50 CAD towards Internet/Cell phone service
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Base Salary Range: $92,000 - $144,000 (This is not inclusive of any bonus, commission, benefits or equity that might exist in your total compensation package.)
Wrapbook employs individuals across the United States and Canada, and this salary range spans multiple geographic zones based on market benchmark data. Your zone is dependent on where you live. Please discuss with your Talent Partner at Wrapbook to get further details on your zone-specific pay range.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!