Research Post-Doctoral Fellow, Neurosurgery
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School Department of Neurosurgery is seeking candidates for a postdoctoral position. This fellowship is designed to enhance laboratory skills and facilitate the professional development of the fellow in a translation medicine research project.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Helps design and conduct research within a specified field while receiving advanced training from a designated Principal Investigator to enhance professional skills and research independence needed for pursuit of a career. The specific area of research in which the trainee is mentored is determined by the department and laboratory of the Postdoc. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of experiments and project activities.
- Monitors grants activities, funding and expenditures budgeted under contracts and purchased services.
- Oversees data management, reporting and project communication with partners, sponsors & governmental agencies as appropriate.
- Organizes and manages implementation of project activities including evaluations, data collection and management, project coordination, and collaborative relations.
- Tracks and manages program activity and collaborates with partners to assure integrity of project and timely problem resolution.
- Trains and supervises project assistants, students and other partners and project staff as required.
- Assures that data are successfully collected and managed so that confidentiality and data integrity is maintained, conduct data analysis as appropriate and provide reporting as required.
- Assists in proposal writing, and participates in development of papers and presentations.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Compiles, analyzes and maintains all data related to research activities. Prepares reports, databases, graphs, and charts as required. Conducts library and Internet searches as needed.
- Reviews selected literature relevant to research activities.
- Participates in the evaluation of existing procedures suggesting revisions where necessary, and proposing new procedures where required.
- Assists with protocol and grant submissions.
- Develops new ideas that promote current research.
- Prepares and publishes scientific manuscripts under the direction of the Principal Investigator.
- May be responsible for operation of specific equipment. May teach techniques to others, train, and supervise research staff.
- Understands and adheres to Rutgers compliance standards as they appear in Rutgers’s Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
Minimum Education and Experience: Ph.D. degree in a related field. All requirements for degree, including dissertation defense, must be complete prior to start date. Must exhibit excellent quantitative skills as well as good English writing and verbal skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)