Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT or recent advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve the intelligence community. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, before delving into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll focus on using machine learning to analyze massive data sets, leveraging modern deep learning frameworks including TensorFlow, PyTorch, and Keras to develop computer vision and natural language processing models. You will work with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and subject matter experts to develop an enterprise analytics platform. Join us as we use data science for good in support of operations.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with developing software in high-level languages, including Python, C/C++, or Java
- Experience with developing software for UNIX or Linux, including RedHat, CentOS, or Ubuntu
- Knowledge of software integration or testing, including analyzing and implementing test plans and scripts
- Knowledge of the design and development of object-oriented systems
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Keras
- Knowledge of version control systems, including GitHub or GitLab
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have
- Experience with deploying applications in a Cloud environment
- Experience with AWS SageMaker, Azure ML Studio, MLflow, Databricks, or an equivalent
- Experience with designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
- Experience with building computer vision or natural language processing models using modern deep learning techniques
- Experience with developing solutions and integrating, extending, and contributing to open source software
- Experience with open source big data tools, including Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Apache Kafka, or Apache NiFi
- Experience with leveraging GPU technology to accelerate the training of deep neural networks
- Experience with DoD or the intelligence community
- BS degree in CS, Physics, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.