We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
You’ll experience the following perks as a full-time UMG employee...
- Competitive Benefits – Your comprehensive benefits package will offer Medical, Dental, & Vision, as well as 30+days of PTO, a 401k savings plan with company match, & more.
- Employee Development – We’re invested in growing your career within UMG. Your engagement in L&D programs will help expand your skill set. Also, you’ll be the first to be considered when new roles open.
- Culture and Environment – You’ll enjoy our branded offices that feature UMG artists and music 24/7, employee lounges complete with video games, musical instruments, couches, free soda and coffee, free merchandise, & more.
- Social Responsibility – Your good works and engagement in various causes will be amplified by UMG’s donation-match programs, strengthening our impact throughout the world.
The Supply Chain Operations Team is responsible for managing the end to end Supply Chain to set up, manufacture and distribute time-sensitive media product to a very demanding retail and consumer market.
The Logistics & Transportation Manager will support the Supply Chain team with financial and operations based analytics, utilizing various tools and quantitative methods to understand, predict and enhance supply chain processes and overall performance. The key responsibility will be to provide end to end visibility of transportation performance and cost. This includes assembling and analyzing data, identifying trends and problems, performing root cause analysis, and presenting recommendations to supply chain leadership to support key initiatives and drive out cost in our daily operation.
Transportation & Logistics
- Support day to day transportation business processes in close collaboration with Customer Service, New Release, and Catalog planning teams
- Collect and analyze transportation data and report performance and cost
- Monitor, evaluate, and modify transportation strategies to improve delivery performance and reduce total delivered cost across all modes of transportation, including SPS, LTL, TL, Export/Import, and Heavy Air
- Conduct periodic third-party/carrier freight bill audits and report variances in collaboration with Finance and Accounting
- Maintain open communications with third-party logistics providers, warehousing, and carriers
- Communicates and coordinates with carriers to obtain quotes and drive consolidation, when necessary
- Coordinate with Shipping Teams and 3PL to develop load plan strategies for high-profile new releases
- Oversee the import/export process, including accuracy of customs paperwork
- Support Customer Service with track/trace and exception management of shipments
- Collect and analyze data from supply chain partners, carriers, and internal data warehouses, prepare reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions
- Collaborate with the procurement team to achieve lowest landed cost of products and materials by supporting the development and analysis of RFP’s/RFI’s
- Analyze business needs and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and reduce total delivered costs across the Supply Chain
- Coordinate the development of efficient processes for retrieving and analyzing data
- Develop costing models
- Develop and maintain transportation KPIs to measure performance against established benchmarks
- Develop, maintain, and report on freight spend reporting. This includes robust data collection, carrier invoice interpretation, and dashboard development.
- Generate weekly, monthly or ad hoc reporting and data modeling on key transportation metrics and financial results to be shared with Management
Supply Chain Support
- Collaborate with team members to develop decision-support tools and automate reporting to improve job performance
- Focus on continuous improvement, consistently look for ways to improve current processes, procedures, and methodologies in an effort to reduce cost and increase efficiency
- Prepare and participate in monthly and quarterly business review meetings; partner with customers and team members on improved freight reporting and transportation cost reduction initiatives
- Work with IT teams to implement system enabled process enhancements with respect to shipment visibility and freight cost reporting
- Performs special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested by management
- Provide back up support to other roles in the Supply Chain organization
− Analytical Skills:
- Exceptional working knowledge of Transportation and Logistics
- Strong systems, mathematical, and analytical skills including gathering facts, figures, and concepts into a concise management summary with recommendations and action plans
- Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data and execute transactions driving real results
- Demonstrates experience in extracting and segmenting data to facilitate data analysis
- Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful
− Communication Skills:
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Expresses written ideas, thoughts, facts, and recommendations in a clear, convincing, and organized way
- Ability to effectively relate to and communicate with people at all levels of the organization as well as vendors and customers
- Accuracy and attention to detail
− Time Management Skills:
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards
- Is a highly detail-oriented individual
- Manages timelines; deals effectively with pressure
− Other Necessary Skills:
- Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
- Solid understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts, including logistics and general warehouse operations
- Understanding modes of transportation, cost, and geography.
- Able to understand, interpret, and analyze carrier tariffs
- Some travel will be required
- Required: English
- Any other language is an asset
− Key attributes:
- Positive attitude and team player
- Analytical, data-driven approach
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Must be proficient with planning processes, systems and analytic tools
- Query or data mining tools required. SQL experience a plus.
- 5 years’ experience and proven, positive track record as a Logistics or Transportation Analyst or in a comparable Analyst role
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with reporting and analytic tools
- 3-5 years' process improvement experience
- Demonstrated proficiency across the supply chain
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Transportation. Related experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
UMG is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, & audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, we identify and develop artists and produce and distribute the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation, & entrepreneurship, we foster the development of services, platforms, & business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can find out more about us at http://universalmusic.com, view our current career opportunities at http://umusiccareers.com, or join our talent pool at http://bit.ly/joinUMGtalentpool.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Logistics or Transportation Analyst: 5 years (Required)
- Query or data mining tools, SQL: 1 year (Required)