Fiduciary Services Group “FSG” is seeking a Chief Compliance Officer to join our fast-paced high growth company in Center City Philadelphia. The Chief Compliance Officer’s primary responsibilities include:
- Development and maintenance of the compliance program related to its investment advisory operations
- Ensure that the compliance program is responsive to the business needs and regulatory developments but also proactively identify trends or potential issues and adapts the program accordingly.
- Must have a deep understanding of the financial services business and possess the ability to communicate effectively, develop and foster a collaborative relationship with the organization, oversee complex projects, perform risk-based prioritization of task.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a strong knowledge of regulation and industry best practices.
- Maintain and develop policies and procedures, internal controls, and supervisory procedures, continually assessing whether the company’s policies and procedures are adequate and commensurate with the changing nature of regulation and the company’s business model.
- Manage business risks through the development, planning and execution of the compliance program, having direct interaction with the executive team and financial professionals.
- Conduct annual risk assessments of the company’s compliance exposure, assigning a risk level to areas identified as a conflict and identify key controls to mitigate those conflicts.
- Serve as a resource for the company’s solicitors and IARs regarding compliance issues.
- Be the primary point of contact for all regulatory inquiries and examinations.
- Conduct quarterly or annual compliance training.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required; Investment Advisor Certified Compliance Professional (IACCP®), a plus; a JD degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years financial service compliance experience.
- Full understanding of the requirements of the FINRA Rules, Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the related rules, and other aspects of the regulatory regime for SEC-investment advisers; and knowledge of federal and state securities laws and regulations.
- Experience in dealing with the compliance program of a turn-key asset management company, wrap-fee programs, and retirement plans/ERISA are a plus.
- Strong sense of autonomy and work effectively both independently and in teams.
- Impeccable integrity, ethics and values that are demonstrated through sound judgment, and a commitment to and focus on advancing the program and meeting objectives.
- Strong organizational skills
- Critical thinker
FSG, based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, provides an independent and conflict-free retirement services platform automating the sale, design, valuation, and management of retirement plans. FSG partners with over 800 channel partners to deliver a customizable platform ideally suited for financial advisors serving the retirement ecosystem. FSG is the parent company of five business units: Professional Capital Services, AdvisorTrust, The Advisor Lab, Efficient Advisors, and Fiduciary Advisors.
Job Type: Full-time
- Compliance: 10 years (Required)