Job Summary: Reports to Program Director – Art Instructor will work once or twice a week throughout the school year (Oct – June) 4:30 -5:30 PM.A person must have experience and work well with children.A high school diploma with a minimum of 2 years’ experience relevant to the job description.The Art Teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with school guidelines; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of art.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Director and Programs Coordinator to coordinate programming plans and evaluate the success of projects and classes.
- Provide class outlines, lesson plans, and materials lists to Programs Coordinator at least two weeks before class is scheduled to begin.
- Organize and create project lesson plans; prepare and gather materials before class.
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history,
- Perform demonstrations for the class on technique and process.
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students in grades K – 2 and 3 – 8
- Able to assess age appropriateness of lessons and materials in the classroom.
- Aid students with the completion and generation of art projects with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Collect art materials; appropriate cleanup of the classroom after class.
- Return materials to the proper place.
- Acting as a mentor or role model
- Providing a safe environment—physical, emotional, and psychological
- Establishing clear expectations for behavior
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community
- Supervise and provide direction to classroom assistants and volunteers.
- Provide sufficient notice to the supervisor if unable to teach a scheduled class.
ALL EMPLOYEES MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A PA CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCE, PA CRIMINAL CLEARANCE, AN FBI FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE, AND COMPLETE A MANDATED REPORTING TRAINING
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $12.00 to $20.00 /hour
- teaching art education: 2 years (Required)