- 5+ years of professional experience working in a fast-paced 3D production environment
- Must demonstrate an understanding of technical art production and end-to-end modeling, UV unwrapping, PBR texturing, and rendering workflows
- Must be very well versed in DCCs, PBR material texture authoring software like Substance Painter, Photoshop and other relevant software
- Can create character models as well as animations with assistance of procedural character generation software
- Excellent communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to delight customers. We're looking for people who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog here: http://amazon.com/scout[RA1]
We're looking for proficient 3D Artists, who can work in a variety of areas such as 3D modeling, texturing, rendering environments, character rigging and animation to create a comprehensive 3D asset library for simulation. The ability to work in a fast turn-around production environment independently is a must, so the right person will have an implicit understanding of the balance needed between realism, productivity, and communication. The ideal candidate will be accomplished in working with a variety of 3D software packages and in-house rendering engine and demonstrate the ability to raise the quality bar and productivity in producing static 3D objects as well as characters. You must be able to build a highly realistic looking 3D model. The right candidate will be comfortable working with programming and science teams in a collaborative environment, working directly with technical program managers and technical artists who will be building new tools and workflows, and consistently raising the bar on quality.
- The candidate will create 3D assets and materials for use in real-time PBR renderings
- Share best practices, identify process improvements and operational waste reduction
- Create real-time friendly 3D assets from 3D reconstructed or scanned high resolution models with PBR materials and textures
- Maintain consistently high standards for accuracy, aesthetics, and productivity
- Continuously improve workflows and processes
- Ability to coach/train other artists on the production floor
- Experience with Blender
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with resolving complicated issue through scripting
- Be able to excel in a fast-paced collaborative production environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Innovative and self-directed
- Ability to showcase artistic work in a portfolio
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.