At Securetex Security Services we truly believe our greatest asset is our employees. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose which is to serve and protect the people and businesses in our communities. We are currently looking for Part-Time/Full-Time security officers throughout the Greater Houston Area. At least 6 months of experience in the security industry is preferred but not required.
GENERAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Security officers are in the prevention business. It is a security officers’ job to act as a deterrent to crime, to watch for impending danger and to report crimes they may encounter. The security officer is responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Our security officers maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
Although essential activities may differ based on the facility at which they work, below are some of the standards:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Maintains the organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Candidate should convey a highly professional image and attitude toward tenants and/or visitors.
- Candidate must be able to exhibit a high level of professionalism when interacting with our clientele as well as with fellow employees.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work rotating shifts: weekends, holidays, private events
- Candidate must be able to meet certain requirements to maintain a current Private Security License, Level II Non-Commissioned, in the State of Texas, including:
- Must possess a HS Diploma or GED
- Must possess valid Driver's License
- Must possess a Social Security Card or current Work Authorization
- Must have a stable work history
- Must maintain reliable transportation
- Must maintain a working smartphone
$9 to $11 per hr.
High school or equivalent
Security: 6 months
English, Bilingual Preferred
Required licenses or certifications:
Private Security License Level II Non-Commissioned Guard Card
The essential roles and responsibilities:
Observe and Report
Security Officer Requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- Open availability
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle crisis situations
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
- Communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing
- Visual acuity and hearing ability to observe and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources
- Ability to perform general physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and/or moving the entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, sitting, standing for long periods of time, and handling of materials
- Meet and maintain all requirements of LEVEL II Non-Commissioned Security Officers including passing a background check as required by the Texas DPS.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $9.00 to $11.00 /hour
- security: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cypress, TX 77433 (Preferred)
- Level II Non-Commissioned Guard Card (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)