GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The E-Commerce Buyer is responsible for managing sales and profitability for an assigned product line. The Buyer works to develop online merchandising strategies which support and complement the concurrent retail strategy. They will plan and merchandise product on the website and in all promotional marketing channels for the areas in which they are responsible. They work hand in hand with the entire retail team of Buyers, Planners and Inventory to ensure that all ecommerce merchandising initiatives and plans are developed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. *Execute department strategy for specific categories. Responsibility should be focused on key areas of growth within the company (i.e. Prestige.)
2. *Develop and execute financial plans including sales and selling margin in conjunction with the Planning team. Ensure that all online only merchandising strategies are properly planned along with the activities on the retail end. Analyze data to draw conclusions and provide recommendations to improve performance when needed.
3. *A key contributor on global Ulta.com initiatives and work to help coordinate needs for the Merchandising organization.
4. *Develop assortment plans which support category goals. Execute seasonal merchandise plans and marketing strategies.
5. *Inventory management: Partner with inventory teams to ensure that the appropriate inventory is allocated to support forecasted sales for products in the assortments both for promotional and basic items.
5. *Website execution. Facilitate all required online merchandising needs including asset availability (i.e. images, copy) for content management team. Coordinate with Marketing team to ensure that merchandising of website coordinates with print and online marketing channels.
6. *Develop strong vendor partnerships. Maintain collaborative relationships with vendors and internal partners.
7. *Formulate online only strategies and opportunities to achieve the growth of Ulta.com. Identify and introduce new brands, product extensions, early launches and unique products to meet customer and market needs.
8. *A key contributor to the development of long range financial plans and strategy for Ulta.com such 5 yr planning and new site development.
Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
5+ years retail e-commerce buying experience
Prior experience and working knowledge of e-commerce merchandising application
Strong merchandising, forecasting and financial skills.
Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Strong organizational skills.
Creative problem solver and self-starter.
Prior experience with web analytics tool like Omniture and website content management systems a plus