- Event Planning
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
The Union Administration Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Assistant Director, Event Management to join our team. The primary purpose of this position is to manage events, including conferences and camps, for internal and external clients. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiating and managing event related contracts and agreements.
- Coordinating services.
- Executing event logistics.
- Coordinating billing.
- Ensuring all departmental and university policies are followed.
- Working closely with other departments such as catering, parking, police, and housing.
- Assisting in marketing services and recruiting new clients.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of University operations, policies and procedures, as well as state regulatory guidelines and mandates.
- Some knowledge and skill related to computer software, applications, and programming, including: Adobe Creative Suite, Qualtrics, TracDat, Microsoft Office, EventsPro, Drupal, Basic Coding, or similar software etc.
- Knowledge of fiscal management and ability to develop and manage event-related budgets.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
- Ability to work on call during events including nights and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively in a high stress people-oriented environment.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Experience with Event Management Software (EMS) and registration software, such as CVENT.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled