Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Independently performs accurate, timely billing, coding and reconciliation functions for two distinct outpatient divisions to include one interventional service.
1. Translates narrative information into ICD-10 and CPT-4 codes and medical supply charges. Independently charges and codes for two distinct outpatient divisions. One responsibility department may be diagnostic, evaluation and management or a specialty area. Another responsibility area must be common interventional radiology or cardiology procedures.
2. Independently uses medical record to designate diagnosis codes, procedure codes and medical supply charges for high-volume services. Identifies and resolves charging discrepancies previously generated by referencing the medical record.
3. Independently reconciles charges for areas of responsibility. Uses sound judgment and knowledge of common department and hospital reference materials and Medicare guidelines.
4. Independently researches billing and coding edits for diagnostic services with a high level of accuracy.
5. May provide back-up billing and coding to additional areas with similar scope.
6. Provides technical guidance to people who are in Revenue Operations Biller-Coder 1 positions.
7. Uses appropriate, accurate communication techniques when addressing billing barriers.
8. Exhibits strong competency in use of all computer systems and applications that are commonly used for position.
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Data entry, MS Word, MS Excel skills. Experience in charge capture process or medical record review. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Documented proficiency in ICD-9 and ICD-10 as required by position.
Bachelors Degree, strong analytical skills with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
Bethel-14 Research Drive
7:30am - 4:00pm or 8:00am to 4:30pm
Diagnostic Charging and Coding
- Certified Coding Specialist
- Certified Professional Coder
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.